Notice whatsapp

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

asimov62

Notice whatsapp

Post by asimov62 » 02 Nov 2014 15:01

I created this notice to whatsapp, it works like this: when you get a notification if the screen is off and I am hooked on cell phone where I work part of the flow, that makes me vibrate the phone and sent me two notififiche noise; the flow stops when the screen is on and automatically makes me open whatsapp. The problem is that sometimes I can not stay with the display turned on to read the messages and the flow continues uninterruptedly. I wish someone more experienced to help me to insert another way to stop the flow (maybe shake ...)

Bushmills

Re: Notice whatsapp

Post by Bushmills » 02 Nov 2014 15:13

put phone face down. I use it for ending phone calls and/or turning off display.

asimov62

Post by asimov62 » 02 Nov 2014 18:16

Bushmills wrote:put phone face down. I use it for ending phone calls and/or turning off display.
I had already thought, but holding the phone in your pocket can also happen that it is face down, (I'm always on the go), I thought of something else.

Bushmills

Post by Bushmills » 02 Nov 2014 18:46

Face down, not just upside down? I have not one single pocket (and I have a lot of those) where this is possible. Only way is spreading a jacket flat out.

asimov62

Post by asimov62 » 02 Nov 2014 19:57

Bushmills wrote:Face down, not just upside down? I have not one single pocket (and I have a lot of those) where this is possible. Only way is spreading a jacket flat out.
I changed my flow entering face down .... I would say that is very good, I only have a few doubts about the battery consumption to include this feature may consume more?

Bushmills

Post by Bushmills » 02 Nov 2014 20:06

Just two days ago - or was it only yesterday? - i uploaded a flow set to flow sharing area, employing face down screen off and call ending, which disables the accelerator triggered flows when possible. Not sure whether those can be of any help. Also, I wrote the post in German, because flows are named in German language too. But given that those flows are pretty simple, it may be rather obvious what they're doing. But even without, accelerometer isn't a huge power drain.

asimov62

Post by asimov62 » 02 Nov 2014 20:20

I think the battery consumption is insignificant, because the accelerometer should work only when he gets a notification of whatsapp and then when you turn the flow. I'm not getting so many messages to consume all the battery !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: