Set App-Ops values - allow/deny location (wakelocks?)

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

ncr100

Set App-Ops values - allow/deny location (wakelocks?)

Post by ncr100 » 08 Oct 2014 02:51

Hi! Thank you for the excellent tool!

I wonder what way would you recommend I use to allow/deny location services (are these wakelocks?) for the "Google Play services" component?

A photo album of my manual Settings I currently need to employ to change it: http://imgur.com/a/iHOD5#0 (plus one attachment here)

I am running Cyanogen Mod (v11) on a Galaxy Note II and I face major power drain which I can fix for my case by denying:

* Wake up

I plan to enable Location only when my screen turns on, and disable it 5 minutes after shutting the screen off.

Best,
Nick
Attachments
Screenshot_2014-10-07-19-23-38.png
Screenshot_2014-10-07-19-23-38.png (145 KiB) Viewed 13226 times

Martin

Re: Set App-Ops values - allow/deny location (wakelocks?)

Post by Martin » 09 Oct 2014 13:02

Hi,

Thanks! I'm glad you like Automagic. :D

I have not checked out internally what exactly AppOps checks and counts since it's not an official feature yet. It looks like it counts the access to a function that's protected by a particular permission but I'm really not sure about that.

I assume that Google Play services itself also respects the location settings of the device so I would use actions Set GPS State and Set Network Location State to turn both on/off as desired and see if this also helps battery life.

Keep awake and Wake up sounds like it prevents access to wake locks (usually used to wake the CPU or used to keep the CPU awake when the screen turns off). I would not deny access to such permissions since it could affect many functions of the device when requests of Google Play services are paused immediately when the screen is turned off.

Regards,
Martin

JC.INTERNET.STUFF

Post by JC.INTERNET.STUFF » 23 Apr 2018 08:17

Hi, has any progress been made on this to toggle 'Op App' permissions via Automagic?

Thanks.

Julian

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 23 Apr 2018 13:47

You need root to do it. You can use execute root command. Example, you can change the mock location app using appops : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7286
If that is not what you want, you have to be specific of what you want to do.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.