One or multiple flow...

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

alexsahka

One or multiple flow...

Post by alexsahka » 17 Jul 2014 20:46

I have Multiple flow for sound profiles but sometimes I think it is easier for understanding combining everything in one giant flow.
My question what is better for Automagic/Phone performance 3-5 flow with repetitive conditions or one flow?
Only downside of one flow is harder to see everything on small screen.

Thank you.

Martin

Re: One or multiple flow...

Post by Martin » 18 Jul 2014 08:27

Hi,

It highly depends on the structure of the small and large flows, how many actions are executed and how long the flows are executing in total.
If you simply merge multiple flows by using multiple triggers in the big flow and then use a condition Expression to separate the execution paths within the large flow, it should not make a difference.
But if you remove one flow that's triggered by a Display State: On and instead create a loop in the big flow with a condition Screen On, then the latter uses much more battery since it will keep the device awake while executing the long loop (in general at least).

Personally I usually create small flows and move the flows that belong together into a flow group (on the flow list: select the menu of a flow: Move to Group).

Regards,
Martin

alexsahka

Re: One or multiple flow...

Post by alexsahka » 18 Jul 2014 18:56

Thank you.