Tasks?

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

mjnz3

Tasks?

Post by mjnz3 » 18 Jan 2014 17:13

(edited to change Profiles to "Tasks". I was mistaken in calling them "Profiles")

Hello I am new to Automagic and I can't seem to find a way to make the Tasker equivalent of "Tasks".

Example: I have "Task A" to set ringer volume to 5, alarm volume to 7, and vibrate off. I could then "re-use" this Task throughout many different Profiles (flows). So, if X then Task A; if Y then TaskA; if not N then Task A; etc.

Can similar be acheived with Automagic, as this is very time saving in my experience.

Thanks for any guidance and sorry if I overlooked something obvious

mjnz3

Re: Tasks?

Post by mjnz3 » 18 Jan 2014 17:39

Answering my own question ... just needed another minute to think about it and experiment.

My main problem was that I didn't know I could create a flow while leaving the trigger blank. This creates the equivalent of a task, lets me organize them into Task groups, and then I can recall them later with the "Execute Flow" action. Perfect! I`ll soon be a paying customer and Tasker convert :) Overall even after using Tasker for years and Automagic for an hour, this is still more intuitive. Excellent job Dev/s!

guuzendesu

Re: Tasks?

Post by guuzendesu » 22 Jan 2014 12:36

I owned Tasker for months and would look at it periodically, but after trying to do something for a few minutes, I'd give up because of the incomprehensible interface and not-too-intuituve categories. I tried the 10-day trial of Automagic for 1 hour and bought it, already a happy customer. I'm able to find a way to do what I want every time, and I haven't had to ask for help even once. Granted, my needs are not as advanced as some peoples', but I could do more with Automagic in 5 minutes than I could with Tasker in months. And as far as I can see, Automagic is every bit as powerful as Tasker. The only thing it *seems* to be lacking is the ability to design a user interface (aka "Scene").

I have a question for you though, coming from Tasker: Is there anything you know of so far that Tasker can do that Automagic seems incapable of?