Cellular Data & Wifi

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

Dimmers

Cellular Data & Wifi

Post by Dimmers » 20 Nov 2013 22:00

Hey, I was curious but when a phone connects to a wifi hot spot it switches over from cellular data.

The reason is that I am thinking of some battery saving ideas and I was wondering that whenever I connect to a wifi hot spot, it turns off cellular data.

So does anyone know if cellular data is already turned off (thus this idea is obsolete) or simply ignored and the process is still active (but suppressed) in the background.

Viking84

Re: Cellular Data & Wifi

Post by Viking84 » 01 Dec 2013 08:03

Hi,

You've most likely figured it on on your own since there weren't any replies within the last 10 days, but maybe someone else can use the information:
If you're on a WiFi connection, mobile data is automatically disabled (although this won't show anywhere in particular).

Best,
Chris

StrayCat

Post by StrayCat » 03 Dec 2013 09:29

Viking84 wrote:Hi,

You've most likely figured it on on your own since there weren't any replies within the last 10 days, but maybe someone else can use the information:
If you're on a WiFi connection, mobile data is automatically disabled (although this won't show anywhere in particular).

Best,
Chris
If you're on a wifi connection, mobile data is automatically disabled to not waste your data plan BUT NOT TURNED OFF.

My battery saver flow switch off (not just disable) mobile data when I'm connected to a wifi.

Saluti a tutti!!

ZSasha

Post by ZSasha » 10 Dec 2013 21:04

StrayCat wrote:
Viking84 wrote:My battery saver flow switch off (not just disable) mobile data when I'm connected to a wifi.
How do you know that for sure? Did you measure power consumption from a battery when mobile data on and off? I assume it might be disabled but radio part remained active - it is probably up to the device manufacturer.

Could you share your flow may be?

StrayCat

Post by StrayCat » 11 Dec 2013 11:20

Here I go.

http://automagic4android.com/flow.php?i ... 86da28ce62

This flow is about save battery, trying to reproduce the tasks I used to use in TASKER. But there are some other parts at convenience (bluetooth and set pin on/off).

If you see some redundant parts it could be I'm a noob, he, he.

Saluti a tutti!!