Overview of some of your flows

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

kvloover

Overview of some of your flows

Post by kvloover » 03 Dec 2012 21:22

With an app like automagic, pretty much your imagination is the limit.
To help that we could share an overview of (some of) our flows to help inspire each other.

You can post links to your flow (seperate subforum) but that's not the point of this thread. The point of this thread is easy sharing of ideas, without having to post every single flow entirely :)

So let 'er rip.

kvloover

Re: Overview of some of your flows

Post by kvloover » 03 Dec 2012 21:30

I'll start off with my own collection:

Home:
- auto airplane mode at night (keep radiation to minimum if u want to use it as an alarm, and saves battery)
- Wake on lan once connected to wifi (not working due to router, but perhaps I'll give it a rego with another one later) (would also require time stamps to enable/disable the flow, in order not to send WoL on bad times :D)

Car:
- seperate flows for my NFC tag on my carmount : enables bluetooth if needed, connects to car and starts applications (with sleeps in between to properly boot them)
- toggle to alternate between combos of applications with the above made NFC tag (wikango / google navigation / wikango & google / waze / nothing)
- keep screen on while using media player (actually not using this one)

Work:
- auto quiet mode at work (will probably remove this and replace it with an in-meeting one)

Overall:
- sms to send location from the library (not sure I'll ever use this, hope I don't have to - probably will prefer services like avast though)

saherr1969

Post by saherr1969 » 04 Dec 2012 05:33

Great idea! Mine are as follows:

SMS
-VIP messages: If I receive a message from a select set of individuals, the flow speaks "Important message." If my headphones are attached or the phone is in car mode and a desktop toggle is true, it continues on to speak sender's name and reads me the message.
-Car mode auto-response: If I receive a message and the phone is in car mode, it sends back a message saying "I am currently driving and will read your message shortly."

General
-Daytime: Using the location action, I get the lat/lon and the concatenate an http request to a web service to get sunrise/sunset for the location in an XML response. This is stored in a file (could be a global variable) and the sunrise and sunset times are stored in global variables. The file is saved in case the flow is triggered multiple times throughout the day, I don't request it from the provider again. There are checks in case the file is empty or the day has changed from the stored file or I have triggered the flow via the shortcut trigger. This shortcut is in leau of checking the current position is greater than some distance from the stored date eg.I flew across the US and changed time zones. I plan on incorporating the math that is used by the web service eventually so I don't have to use the data connection and can calc it anytime I want as often as I want.
-Screen Brightness: trigger by Automagic startup, specific app startup, battery level below a certain value, power (dis)connected, specific time of day , or shortcut. Checks power connection, battery level, and uses the global for sunrise and sunset to adjust the screen brightness appropriately; bright during the day and dim at night so long as there is enough power.

Those are a big accomplishments, the others are just silence during calendar events or Wi-Fi on/off based on location and various stackings of the same.

Let me know if you want me to post any.

Stephen

RichardU

Post by RichardU » 20 Feb 2013 04:31

I am using Automagic for home automation. I have a program (CQC) which monitors a web server. When I can tell Automagic to download a URL and include a command name. Based on that command name, I can have CQC turn on lights, open blinds, or anything else my system is connected to. It's nicer than typical home automation programs in that I don't need to open the program. It's all done with widgets.

syndromtr

Post by syndromtr » 20 Feb 2013 12:11

hi, here are my flows:

- incoming&outgoing, end of call = display home screen
- incoming call, while phone is ringing, face right = auto answer phone
- when any map software (google, yandex, gps) starts = gps on
- when any map software ends = gps off
- random wallpaper, everyday at 8 am, rnd 1 to 31. change wallpaper to x.jpg
- ~1 hour, execute ram boost to free some ram. (android assistant app-called by execute command)
- wired headset plugged - ask for 2 or more musicplayer to start. (it's in flow sharing area)

LightTempler

LiTe 's flow

Post by LightTempler » 17 Mar 2013 19:52

I'm using AutoMagic for remote control music on tablet when dancing salsa rueda:
Shaking the smartphone: Skip to next song.
Sound switch below level 4: Start or stop the music.
Cool! No display interaction needed! :D

inReinbek

The flows I#m using (not differented by self-written or not)

Post by inReinbek » 19 Apr 2013 12:10

I like to generate flows ... so I've some "unuseful" ones also:

- end a call show homescreen

- Switch Hardware in flightmode if no call is online at 10pm
-- switch Hardware out of flightmode on Mo-Fr at 5 o'click
-- do like before on Weekends at 8 o'click

- Power supply on -> switch display always on
-- Power supply off -> switch display off and set timeout at 30s

- block call by CallerName at specified location and/or time by reading the calendar if I'm in hollydays don't do like that
-- check 4 ascii-files hosting the blocked names and content of autoanswer-SMS
-- check location

- enable WiFi if display's on
-- disable WiFi after 5 minutes display's off

- Sending a SMS every weekday to my girl-friend to think at finishing-time

- Informing my girlfriend by SMS while I'm leaving different places

- Recording local conversation at special places

- sending/forwarding content of some SMS to a special mail-account sophisticated by SMS-income an -outgoing

- Talking clock (German version ... look at the sharing are for english-original and the translated german one)

- Read the incoming SMS loud (switchable ... by Martin)

- CallRecorder to record different conversations controlled by (always known) ContactName

- Start and Stop local Recordings by Shortcuts

- Switch WiFi on/off by Shortcut with haptic feedback

- Switch WiFi by entering/leaving different locations

- Switch incoming-call off by connecting power-supply at work

ninjawil

Post by ninjawil » 13 Jun 2013 11:59

I use automagic

- in conjuction with DGT GTD app to show only to do tasks that are relevant to the area I am in.

- to display my SMS messages and then give me the option to add the SMS as a to do task.

- to send my home heating system a SMS to turn on when I am on my way home after work.

- enable/disable bluetooth when I am commuting.

- Allow me to choose what app to start when i get in the car - Waze or Spotify

- timestamp the time I arrive/leave work

- add a task to my to do list when I am in a certain area

terno

Post by terno » 02 Mar 2015 23:30

saherr1969 wrote:Great idea! Mine are as follows:

SMS
-VIP messages: If I receive a message from a select set of individuals, the flow speaks "Important message." If my headphones are attached or the phone is in car mode and a desktop toggle is true, it continues on to speak sender's name and reads me the message.
-Car mode auto-response: If I receive a message and the phone is in car mode, it sends back a message saying "I am currently driving and will read your message shortly."

General
-Daytime: Using the location action, I get the lat/lon and the concatenate an http request to a web service to get sunrise/sunset for the location in an XML response. This is stored in a file (could be a global variable) and the sunrise and sunset times are stored in global variables. The file is saved in case the flow is triggered multiple times throughout the day, I don't request it from the provider again. There are checks in case the file is empty or the day has changed from the stored file or I have triggered the flow via the shortcut trigger. This shortcut is in leau of checking the current position is greater than some distance from the stored date eg.I flew across the US and changed time zones. I plan on incorporating the math that is used by the web service eventually so I don't have to use the data connection and can calc it anytime I want as often as I want.
-Screen Brightness: trigger by Automagic startup, specific app startup, battery level below a certain value, power (dis)connected, specific time of day , or shortcut. Checks power connection, battery level, and uses the global for sunrise and sunset to adjust the screen brightness appropriately; bright during the day and dim at night so long as there is enough power.

Those are a big accomplishments, the others are just silence during calendar events or Wi-Fi on/off based on location and various stackings of the same.

Let me know if you want me to post any.

Stephen

DannyGA

Post by DannyGA » 05 Jun 2015 18:38

BT Device Connected: Change wallpaper to black, Set screen Timeout to never, Set screen brightness too 255, Launch Nova, Set Volume levels and Interruption Mode
BT Device Disconnected: Change wallpaper back to normal, Set screen timeout to 2 minutes, Set brightness to 156, Set volume leves back to normal and Interruption Mode
BT ON/OFF: On or off and certain times of the day
Wifi On/Off: On or off at certain times of the day
Call In / Call Out: Set to home screen when Call In or Out ends
Automagic Notification Selected: lock device
Volmes and Brightness: Set Volumes and Brightness based on times of the day (Sleep Mode, Wake Mode, Work Mode, etc)
ShortCuts for Wallpapers: Several shortcuts to change to preset wallpapers

All basic and easy flows.