Show message on locked device?

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

zee

Show message on locked device?

Post by zee » 23 Jul 2013 12:10

Is there a way to display a message after you have run "Lock Device" action?

Created a flow triggered by SMS with a keyword to lock the device and show a message.

Problem is that once the "Device Lock" is run, I only get the login screen (I have a SGS4 and uses password to unlock). I would expected to see my lock screen app, widgetlocker, before presented with the login screen. As is the case normally.

Anyone knows how to get the message dialog showing? Either on the login screen, or, better yet, get widgetlocker showing and display the message there.

Without "Lock Device" the message is displayed as expected. Oh and by the way, once the phone is unlocked, the message is there...

zee

Re: Show message on locked device?

Post by zee » 29 Jul 2013 08:40

If anyone is interested I have managed a workaround.

Apparently "widgetlocker" will, eventually, show itself. Created a widget in "zooper widget" that uses variables to determine if to show content. The variables are set in automagic using plugin to "zooper widget". I have placed the widget in "widgetlocker" on top of other widgets (using the overlap function). Normally the widget is transparent, but if I want to show a message set the variable in automagic and, voila!

rcfree

Re: Show message on locked device?

Post by rcfree » 12 Sep 2013 13:04

zee wrote:If anyone is interested I have managed a workaround.

Apparently "widgetlocker" will, eventually, show itself. Created a widget in "zooper widget" that uses variables to determine if to show content. The variables are set in automagic using plugin to "zooper widget". I have placed the widget in "widgetlocker" on top of other widgets (using the overlap function). Normally the widget is transparent, but if I want to show a message set the variable in automagic and, voila!
Could you show me how to display values in Zooper ​​using Automagic?