Speakerphone during outgoing call?

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

TheXman

Speakerphone during outgoing call?

Post by TheXman » 30 Apr 2013 20:46

First of all, let me say that this is a GREAT application. I have used Tasker for quite a while now and this app's interface and general ease of use are far superior to Tasker and all of the other Android automation tools I've used or seen. Please keep up the excellent work.

I've converted all of my Tasker profiles and tasks to Automagic (AM). However, I'm having a problem with one set of AM actions. What I am trying to accomplish is to initiate an outgoing call AND have the speakerphone on during that call so I can hear whether the outbound call was successful. The outgoing call is initiated successfully. However, it appears that the execution of setting the speaker phone on waits until the "Call Number" has completed or isn't getting executed before the end of the call. Since the call is either setting up or canceling call forwarding services, which is a quick call, the speakerphone is not getting turned on before the call has ended. Is there a way to make an outgoing call and have the speakerphone enabled almost simultaneously?

Martin

Re: Speakerphone during outgoing call?

Post by Martin » 01 May 2013 10:07

Action Call Number does not wait for the phone app to initiate the call. You can test this by adding an action Vibrate right after the call action. The vibration should happen almost immediately after the call action is executed. Therefore the Set Speakerphone State: On is probably executed too soon. Adding an action Sleep: 3s between call number and the set speakerphone action should help to ensure that the phone app has enough time to start.