Problems with 'Google Calendar Event' component

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

rcfree

Problems with 'Google Calendar Event' component

Post by rcfree » 21 Mar 2013 17:07

First I would like to commend this great app, surpassed competitors in ease of use and features.

Let the problem.

I created a flow to identify the birthdays on my exclusive gmail calendar to record birthdays, and to identify that someone is having a birthday in the current day will display a message, so far so good, the problem is that the message is displayed for future events (forward several days), I can not make it work, how should I proceed?

Note: I'm using the component "Google Calendar Event" and selecting only the calendar where the birthdays are recorded.

Thanks.

inReinbek

Re: Problems with 'Google Calendar Event' component

Post by inReinbek » 17 Apr 2013 06:40

How about setting up the offset of the begin in a calendar-condition to 1d/2d/3d etc. ? Do you tried that ?

Pls reply your results of your tests.

Martin

Post by Martin » 17 Apr 2013 11:05

I was not yet able to find the problem.

Please enable Debug log in the preferences of Automagic, execute the calendar-condition and send the log (menu->Manage->Log, menu->Send Log) to me (info@automagic4android.com).

Thanks,
Martin

rcfree

Post by rcfree » 02 May 2013 18:00

Thanks for listening, I could solve using as a condition and not as a trigger.

rcfree

Post by rcfree » 16 May 2013 10:44

When there are two people having birthday on the same day the flow returns only one of them, how can I return the two events (birthdays) to emit a warning that there are people making birthday on the day and display their names.

GlennGarry

Post by GlennGarry » 04 Sep 2013 13:01

I am also facing the same issues over it's management..What are the other alternatives for it? So I can be resolved it..:-)
Find Google calendar management

Martin

Post by Martin » 04 Sep 2013 17:05

Hi,

The condition Calendar Event can only check whether an event is currently active and returns the name of the first event in a variable to the flow.
Listing the names of the events that occur at the same time is currently not supported.

Regards,
Martin

TML

Post by TML » 09 Jan 2014 12:57

@ Martin
Will it be possible to get all current active calender events in future release?

Best regards,
Tim

Martin

Post by Martin » 09 Jan 2014 20:07

Hi Tim,

It's on my list of features under consideration but it might take some time until the feature is ready.
What information of the calendar entries do you need? Only the title or also start, end, description, location of the entries?

Regards,
Martin