Dynamic globals as triggers

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

drboa

Dynamic globals as triggers

Post by drboa » 11 Sep 2020 00:08

Dear all,
I seem to be lost in the treatment of global triggers... ...I hope that someone out there can guide my steps.

Here is the deal; i have a number of android devices, but let's narrow it down to two, and let's call them "device1" and "device2".

There is a global variable trigger, that monitors a glob and reacts on its change. I need that to respond to the following scenario;

Let's assume I'm on "device1"... ...I would have another global variable vissued; global_device = device1, verifying the device "name" associated to SIM-card ID etc. My global would be named; global_device1_test = true

For this particular sake of argument, I would like to access this global via the trigger "global variable", that monitors the change of my global variable: "global_device1_test", however;
I need it to recognizes it dynamically; thus in a; concat("global_","{global_device}","_test") way... ... this sadly fails in all permutations of quotient marks...

Does anyone in the field have experience with that - please revert!

Best regards / B-O

drboa

Re: Dynamic globals as triggers

Post by drboa » 11 Sep 2020 00:29

I read my post again and realise that it open up for questions. I'll try to immediately address them to save time.
My glob "global_device1_test" will switch between true and false, and that should be the trigger to my flow... ...however; i would want to access it not directly via its actual name (global_device1_test), but via another global variable; global_device = "device1" in kind of the following way; "global_ + {global_device} + _test" all in all.
My question; what is the syntax (if any) in the flow trigger...