The End of Automagic

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

vertigo

Re: The End of Automagic

Post by vertigo » 23 Sep 2020 19:30

I unfortunately had a feeling this was coming due to the lack of updates for a while now. This definitely sucks both due to the loss of a great program and the fact I've spent a fair amount of time playing around in it, becoming more familiar with it and coming up with lots of neat things to do, including one fairly large flow I've been working on for a while. I do hope you'll open-source it so others can continue with its development, as I'd hate to have to give it up, which will come eventually as it becomes incompatible with newer Android versions and requirements (e.g. minimum SDK version).

Sergey_777-s

Post by Sergey_777-s » 27 Sep 2020 19:24

Nooo! This app must live forever, I need stop the time, really app the best of the best!

danielo515

Post by danielo515 » 16 Oct 2020 08:28

I discovered automagic about 3 or 4 days ago and I felt in love with it. I was looking for an alternative to Tasker, which I find tedious and horrible. Automagic on the other hand is almost everything I ever wanted Tasker was (I have been using Tasker for 6 years or so). I downloaded the pro version from the website and it's working perfectly. Is there a way I can donate so I can calm down my guilty of using such great app for free?
Thanks for this fantastic app, and I wish you the best

yxd0018

Post by yxd0018 » 16 Oct 2020 23:10

Having spent quite a lot of time get it running to my likes, feel very sad to hear that news. Wish you all the best and hope you come back strong.

J-P

Post by J-P » 23 Nov 2020 19:15

Thank you for all the work you put into AutoMagic.
I'll continue to use it as long as it works.

canadaDry

Post by canadaDry » 13 Dec 2020 02:58

Martin wrote:
07 Aug 2020 20:18
For personal and economical reasons we have to announce that the development of Automagic has been stopped and that Automagic is no longer available in Google Play for new users.

In the download section of our website you can find the latest Google Play version (v1.37) and the latest version with adaptations for Android 10 including some new features (v1.38).

We would like to thank all users, friends and family members for their support over the last 10 years.

Best regards,
Martin
Desmanto wrote:
08 Aug 2020 05:38
Although it might be only very small chance, I still hope you can come back in the future, after you have overcome whatever obstacle that hinder the development of Automagic. Or for the benefit of the users (please forgive my selfish request), maybe you can consider to pass the torch to someone you trust (just like Pent passing the Tasker baton to João Dias)

Wow... what a terrible way to end an already terrible year!!

Martin: thanks to you (and your company) for making the best automation app for android. I seriously can't imagine the frustration of having to deal with the constant nonsense that Google threw at you over the many versions/enhancements. From this point-of-view I can understand throwing in the towel.

Desmanto: you have been an inspirational and dependable source for all-things-automagic!! Thank you so much for all your pro-bono support on the forums to anyone/everyone who asked!!

Sigh... 2020 sucks.

gilanxcheetz

Post by gilanxcheetz » 22 Jan 2021 13:55

oh hell no my favorite apps will stop :cry:
i wish AM will be comeback one day

Draxxx

Post by Draxxx » 31 Jan 2021 21:46

Oh dear. I only discovered the bad news today when I couldn't find AM in the store, after a re-install...
I am deeply saddened to lose my favourite app.

I must say a MASSIVE Thank you to Martin for his many years creating and developing, in my mind, THE best and most useful app on Android.
I will be sad that one day AM will eventually stop working. I understand life throws challenges and change at us, and I wish Martin and company
good fortune and health in the future. Thank you.

I echo sentiments that have been posted already; I would gladly pay a subscription fee to use AM. It is always my first app to install, and one I have
been using since I came to Android in 2013. If this is not viable, it would be amazing if the source code could be release on Github, under a GPL,
so that others could fork and keep AM alive. Again, I understand if you wouldn't want to simply hand over years of hard work, hopefully a GPL would
provide some protection regarding use and prevent others making money off your work.

Thank you to Desmanto for your knowledge and assistance, and all the other users for their inspirational ideas, and help they have provided me.
I wish you all the best. (The community has been very welcoming and helpful, a "there are no stupid questions" policy made noobs like myself
feel welcome, and comfortable to ask questions.)

Thank you All.

tardisious

Post by tardisious » 31 Mar 2021 19:24

Just discovered MACRODROID app on Play store. functionality seems to be similar to Automagic. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... n_US&gl=US

guuzendesu

Post by guuzendesu » 03 Apr 2021 03:46

danielo515 wrote:
16 Oct 2020 08:28
I discovered automagic about 3 or 4 days ago and I felt in love with it. I was looking for an alternative to Tasker, which I find tedious and horrible. Automagic on the other hand is almost everything I ever wanted Tasker was (I have been using Tasker for 6 years or so)...
I am always at odds with long-time Tasker users who refuse to admit this. Tasker's interface is a blight on the automation landscape. I'm really glad Automagic was the 2nd automation app I tried after realizing how terrible Tasker was going to be to learn.

I'm glad you found Automagic. I hope it keeps working for you for a long time. I personally won't be updating my Android devices any longer, so I'll keep using Automagic until they break. After that, I guess I'll have to go crawling to Automate if Android 14 or 15 won't let Automagic work.