The End of Automagic

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Martin

The End of Automagic

Post by Martin » 07 Aug 2020 20:18

For personal and economical reasons we have to announce that the development of Automagic has been stopped and that Automagic is no longer available in Google Play for new users.

In the download section of our website you can find the latest Google Play version (v1.37) and the latest version with adaptations for Android 10 including some new features (v1.38).

We would like to thank all users, friends and family members for their support over the last 10 years.

Best regards,
Martin

Desmanto

Re: The End of Automagic

Post by Desmanto » 08 Aug 2020 05:38

While we know that this will eventually come to any software, it still feels sad when I read this.
Automagic has been a part of my android experience. I will still continue to use Automagic for years to come. It will still be the first wave apps to install on my new devices.

I will try the last AM 1.38.0 on my other device before finally using it on my main device. And I hope we can still use the forum until its time.

Although it might be only very small chance, I still hope you can come back in the future, after you have overcome whatever obstacle that hinder the development of Automagic. Or for the benefit of the users (please forgive my selfish request), maybe you can consider to pass the torch to someone you trust (just like Pent passing the Tasker baton to João Dias)

Thank you very much for developing this wonderful app and for all the support. I wish you all the best.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Hit

Post by Hit » 08 Aug 2020 08:50

Automagic is the best app I have ever used.

I am still using Automagic in my phone. When I change to a new phone, I will not be able to use Automagic.

Until that happen, I hope Automagic will have a comeback.

Thank you, Martin.

icefox56

Post by icefox56 » 08 Aug 2020 12:23

I'm going to really miss this app. I will continue to use it until it stop working. And like @Desmanto said, I hope one day you'll return and continue development of this wonderful app.

Thanks for everything. Wish you all the best in life.
Asus Zenfone Max pro M1, Stock android, Oreo 8.1, Rooted

bobeurone

Post by bobeurone » 08 Aug 2020 13:11

Noooo.... I found that app quite interesting.

I discovered AM only a few weeks ago and got extremely useful help in this forum from users (special thanks to @Desmanto).

AM allows me to communicate instantly through WhatsApp or Phone calls with my dad who is not used to smartphone.

Did you eventually consider a crowd funding option to overcome the economical challenge?

Hope there will be a revival of this app.

Serum_114

Post by Serum_114 » 09 Aug 2020 00:33

My favourite app, by far. Sad to see it end.

I hope you're well, Martin. Best of luck in all your future endeavors.

Adib

Post by Adib » 09 Aug 2020 02:41

Life with android won't be the same if I uninstall it. It's always been food for my creative brain and heals my boredom. Premium was well worth it. Still hard to switch to Tasker.

Rhor

Post by Rhor » 09 Aug 2020 02:42

I felt like someone punched me when I read the news today.
It's very sad but still, understandable.
I will keep using it until I find some critical malfunction with no workaround.

Perhaps someone else can pick up the development torch. Or maybe you can work it as a subscription model (I would gladly pay for it).
Last suggestion, open source it.

Good luck with everything Martin, and thank you for making our lives easier.

Seeking_Alpha

Post by Seeking_Alpha » 09 Aug 2020 05:00

Nooooo

Automagic has been a part of my Android life ever since I discovered it 6 years ago. In fact, it's the first app which I purchased on any phone. So sad to see it go. Hope you guys will bring it back in the future.

Lots of love and best wishes.

Helios

Post by Helios » 09 Aug 2020 11:51

I wish you all the best!
Thank you for developing automagic.

Btw. maybe once you have the time, you could consider making automagic's source code available, so that interested people could fork it.
I would appreciate it. AFAIK, there is no open-source automation system available for Android. This could also be the chance for letting the community create something new.