New member question

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

LeonardRenner

New member question

Post by LeonardRenner » 16 Jun 2020 05:44

Is the Breville Coffee & Espresso Grinder the best espresso grinder available?

Even if you are brewing high-quality beans using a state-of-the-art coffee machine, it is likely that you will still not get the best cup of espresso if using pre-ground coffee or an improper coffee mill. The top rated coffee grinders are the most critical elements in the art of making coffee, as they deliver the best input for your coffee brewing.

So, what makes a coffee grinder stand out among its competitors? It’s all about how uniform the ground is and how the cutting process can preserve the fresh taste and aromatic oils from the coffee beans. A top burr grinder meets these requirements better than a blade one.

On the other hand, grinding coffee for an espresso is probably the hardest to get right. It requires the ground coffee to be fine enough to let the water drop through the filter and make an excellent crema texture. However, if the ground coffee is too fine, it will block the filter eventually. In reality, the grind for espresso is as fine as a combination of powdered sugar and fine beach sand - just a bit more delicate than the grind for Turkish coffee. Therefore, sometimes, making an espresso coffee demands some experience and patience.

It goes more smoothly with the Breville BCG820BKSXL Smart Conical Burr Grinder Pro – one of the best rated coffee grinders on the market for espresso and other brewing methods. This Breville Smart Grinder Pro is superbly easy to use and offers consistent coffee grinding.

This model is built with stainless steel conical burrs to minimize the heat coming from the grinding process and retains all the essential oils and aroma in the coffee beans. Moreover, it comes with 60 grinding settings. You can choose any grinding size, from coarse to fine, depending on your needs for French press, drip, espresso, or Turkish coffee. It provides the best versatility and experience for your coffee brewing methods. With this grinder, the grinding sizes will never limit your brewing trials and enjoyment.

The large capacity 18-ounce bean hopper allows you to serve up to 12 cups of coffee, which means a lot when entertaining guests with coffee at home. It comes with an easy-to-clean removable hopper, which is easily removed by twisting a knob to "lock" it. This thoughtful design closes down the feed ports at the bottom so no beans will fall out when taking the hopper off.

This machine offers you smart grinding with Dosing iQ technology. After reading the manual and watching some instruction videos, you can dial in exactly how much coffee you want it to grind per cup (for drip) or shot (for espresso) and easily program that amount in so you do not have to think about it again. Once that is done, you can tell the machine 1 or 2 shots, or how many drip cups (up to 12) you want to make, and then you can always grind the exact amount of coffee you need. This way, you can continually make coffee with only freshly ground beans without ever wasting a single bean, which is pretty awesome.

Selected For You: Best coffee grinders

Finally, the Breville BCG820BKSXL Smart Grinder Pro differs from other models on the market in that it is calibrated much more specifically towards espresso purposes and achieving higher-end espresso results. If you mainly make drip or pour-over coffee espresso, this grinder is unbeatable, unless you can afford a legitimate professional model.
Last edited by LeonardRenner on 20 Mar 2024 10:39, edited 10 times in total.

Martin

Re: New member question

Post by Martin » 21 Jun 2020 19:13

Hi,

Automagic should already have the permission to store the exported flows in /storage/emulated/0/.
If you want to store the files on an "external SD card" you have to go to settings->Features & Permissions and enable External SD card access.

Regards,
Martin

vertigo

Re: New member question

Post by vertigo » 25 Jun 2020 01:09

Might be obvious, but I'll say it just in case: make sure you're backing up the SD card, too. Cards fail (I've had two fail in the past year, both at least a few years old, but still) and phones get lost/stolen. I recommend using SMBSync2 to do regular backups to your computer, which you can automate with Automagic. I've built a flow to do just that, which I'm almost finished with (just have one or two more tweaks and a bit more testing to do) and then I'll be posting it for others to use.