Trigger: WiFi connected not working

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Frejoh466

Trigger: WiFi connected not working

Post by Frejoh466 » 25 May 2020 20:00

So I'm trying to get a trigger whenever I get home, so I thought that I could find a way to do something when my phone connect to home WiFi.

I found the trigger when you connect to a WiFi connection, but it is not working, or at least not how i think it should work. So I have it to trigger an all SSID, and on BSSID. but when my phone connect to the SSID it wont trigger, I need to disconnect the WiFi and connect it to the network for it to trigger. Is this how it should work? That it only trigger on new connections and not remembered connections?

If so, is there a way to make it trigger whenever it connect to the network, so if I go out of range for the WiFi and lose it, then get back to range and it connects, it will trigger?

Micky Micky

Re: Trigger: WiFi connected not working

Post by Micky Micky » 26 May 2020 20:39

Hello

It works for me with my network specified. I deselected the BSSID option.

However, I found the WiFi trigger gave a slow response in practice.

I use the LOCATION trigger with the option MODERN (Google Play Services) selected. This has proven to give the fastest response. You have the option to select ENTERING or EXITING too. I use this with a small radius for returning home, a larger radius for leaving and an even larger radius for approaching a different location. They all work fine regularly.

Hope this helps.

Micky
Crude but it works.

danyclick

Post by danyclick » 01 Jul 2020 21:06

Frejoh466 wrote:
25 May 2020 20:00
So I'm trying to get a trigger whenever I get home, so I thought that I could find a way to do something when my phone connect to home WiFi.

I found the trigger when you connect to a WiFi connection, but it is not working, or at least not how i think it should work. So I have it to trigger an all SSID, and on BSSID. but when my phone connect to the SSID it wont trigger, I need to disconnect the WiFi and connect it to the network for it to trigger. Is this how it should work? That it only trigger on new connections and not remembered connections?

If so, is there a way to make it trigger whenever it connect to the network, so if I go out of range for the WiFi and lose it, then get back to range and it connects, it will trigger?
I've same problem: device has android 10, miui 11.
When I deselect "all ssid" and push on list I don't find the array of ssid but only current active ssid and, when I use condition and check if ssid is equal to my WiFi ssid name, it
Return false instead of true.

Upd:
I found problem: how said Micky it's important to enable network location on, then it work fine :oops:

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 05 Jul 2020 15:07

Since android pie and especially 10, the wifi related feature typically require location feature to be enabled. For android 10, you have to tick always allow automagic location permission feature in the app info. This is android limitation.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.