Help my gran!

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Conrad

Help my gran!

Post by Conrad » 18 May 2020 06:56

Hello guys,

Recently bought a galaxy tab for my gran (86) as she is isolating on her own and has no contact. The idea was that family can call her using WhatsApp video call and she gets some contact. Problem is she really struggles with the touch screen when she has to answer the call.

I’ve spent hours trying to conjure a way to use volume button to answer or auto answer the video call but no joy.

Ideally I would like it to auto answer ANY whatsapp video call After a few seconds so she doesn’t need to touch the screen.

I think automatic can do this as it’s a notification of the call but I can’t make it work if anyone can help?
Cheers!!

Conrad

Re: Help my gran!

Post by Conrad » 18 May 2020 10:31

Thanks - I had found this but I can’t seem to get it to work to answer video calls. Changes the text etc but just can’t get it to work. Not sure what I am doing wrong

Hit

Post by Hit » 19 May 2020 01:30

If there is a button to click to answer the call, you can use Control UI to click it.

Create an action control UI and then click open Control UI info then receive a whatsapp call to see the button then click info (top left) you will now see some rectangle with green border then click the rectangle around the answer button.

There you can see some option that you can do with the button, choose the line have the word <click(...)> (... is the name of the button) or you can choose the clickByIdAndIndex() if you want, what was clicked will be copy to the clipboard. Then stop calling and click button close on top right and come back to Control UI info then paste to the typing section. You will see 2 line.
  • first one is sleep(1000) for example is the time in millisecond Automagic wait before the next Action(next line if you have)
and
  • second one is click("name of the button here") if you choose click before
Now you can try to built your own flow and test what will happen Either success or fail, you can come here and comment so I can see if I can help you more.

Rafi4

Post by Rafi4 » 19 May 2020 02:55

Hi conrad
Import this flow. This flow may fulfill your needs .if not do as below
Use trigger notification on Statusbar displayed select package name,leave text blank.
Use condition debug dialog and copy texts which contains buttons and post buttons names here.

Note => Make what's app call from another device to get buttons name.

from record4
Attachments
Whatsapp_Auto_Answer.xml
What's app answer
(2 KiB) Downloaded 796 times
No.1 Automation app in play store Automagic Premium
Samsung Galaxy j2 non rooted.
Android 5.1.1

Conrad

Post by Conrad » 19 May 2020 06:31

Thanks will take a month we look. I found this but couldn’t tweak it to get it to work with video calls. Will okay around with it today

bobeurone

Post by bobeurone » 17 Jul 2020 15:11

Hello
I played with the flow posted above but it does not work with a video call that requires a sweep up the screen. I have the exact same need for a senior person. Has anybody got a flow working for video calls?
Bob

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 18 Jul 2020 16:36

@bobeurone : I have replied you in the other thread. It should be working fine. Or you can still use touchGesture()
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.