automating WhatsApp status updates

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

tsolignani

automating WhatsApp status updates

Post by tsolignani » 25 Apr 2020 22:11

Good evening everyone.

I am trying to automate the update of WhatsApp status.

You have to do it on the very same phone you have Whatsapp installed into, you cannot to any other way, even WhatsApp web does not support updating the status.

The matter is I don't want to update it while using the phone since I have to wait for control UI to do it and it gets into my way.

I would much rather prefer the phone to do it while I put it down or is idle.

So the quesrion is: is there any way to let some flow run when the phone is locked say at 4 am in the morning?

To run the control UI flow the phone has to unlock. My phone is locked with a path, I have no idea wethere automagic can unlock it, perform the update, then lock it again. It's not rooted.

Any idea?

Another way to do that would be to let it perform the updated before locking the phone. Say I am going to put down the phone. Instead of locking it, I could launch a flow where the status would be updated, and then, when finished, the phone is locked. Would that do with automagic?

Thank you, have a good night.

Desmanto

Re: automating WhatsApp status updates

Post by Desmanto » 27 Apr 2020 18:04

Try action Set Keyguard State. AFAIK, it doesn't need root, but it requires device admin permission, which can be granted once.

AFAIK, even with direct intent, you can only reach as far as the status. You still need the last control UI to accept/click the OK to proceed with the status update. So your concept is the right way already. At 4 Am, set keyguard state off, turn on screen, do the intent, control UI to finish, then back to home screen, set keyguard state on again and lock the screen using Control UI lockScreen()
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.