Flow executing after manual stopping

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Rafi4

Flow executing after manual stopping

Post by Rafi4 » 13 Apr 2020 02:08

Hi Martin
After executing a flow. It was executing for a long time after manually stopped. I have tried manually to stop,still it was executing instead stops. See screen shot.

from record4
Attachments
IMG_20200413_073055-1.jpg
Flow executing
IMG_20200413_073055-1.jpg (85.48 KiB) Viewed 10590 times
No.1 Automation app in play store Automagic Premium
Samsung Galaxy j2 non rooted.
Android 5.1.1

Martin

Re: Flow executing after manual stopping

Post by Martin » 13 Apr 2020 19:01

Hi,

Please restart the device to ensure that nothing within the flow is executing and potentially consuming battery.
Could you please send the flow to me and also the log so I can check what might be going on. To do this, use menu->Log, menu->Send log.
In case this happens again, could you please open the flow and check which action or condition is highlighted in red (and of course also send the log to me).

Thanks & Regards,
Martin

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 15 Apr 2020 19:06

@Rafi4 : open the flow and see where the element stopped (red). At times it can stopped at some action which use network (such as http request) or media related (sound or speech output). In those cases, usually stopping-restarting Automagic services is enough to stop the rogue flow.

But if it stop at dialog box (input dialog, message dialog, confirmation dialog, debug dialog), then it maybe happens because you switch to other app while the dialog is open. (press recents) To switch back to the dialog, you have to execute another dialog to reopen the dialog box again. You can manually execute that red element (open the element > 3 dot menu > Execute) or you can execute any other flow that have dialog box element. This will trigger the dialog box and continue the flow after you close/choose at the dialog box.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Micky Micky

Post by Micky Micky » 17 Apr 2020 20:14

Hello

I find that sometimes a flow just hangs for no apparent reason. I use STOP SERVICE in Automagic's main menu rather than restarting the phone.

Hope this helps.

Micky
Crude but it works.