Google Assistant voice over phone speaker

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Micky Micky

Re: Google Assistant voice over phone speaker

Post by Micky Micky » 18 Apr 2020 16:51

Message reader 2

This flow contains the trigger to catch messages from your other apps.

This example is set to catch a notification from Automagic containing the text: "Interrupting and disabling flow"

You'll need to change the app to your messaging app.
I'm not 100% sure but I think you should change the text to watch for to nothing ie blank, in order to catch all messages.

The attached Debug dialog will return what it catches and then you can determine which variables to extract and use in your Speech Output action.

http://automagic4android.com/flow.php?i ... d76b969133
Crude but it works.

Micky Micky

Post by Micky Micky » 18 Apr 2020 16:59

These give you the basic structure.

Next you need to consider whether you need a prompt or alert before it starts reading aloud messages.

Also, you may encounter a clash of messages being read from different apps. You can overcome this by inserting a check to see if other flows are executing and wait if necessary.

I don't think you can intercept Android Auto's message pop-up on the car's media screen to use in this.

Hope all this is of some use to you.

Micky
Crude but it works.

Moto1987

Post by Moto1987 » 18 Apr 2020 20:44

Oh man! What a work! Thanks I will try these flows the next days and will report if it works.

Thank you for the effort

Moto1987

Post by Moto1987 » 19 Apr 2020 18:20

Hello, something didn't work out, unfortunately there is no announcement. Instead, I tried another flow, which is called read aloud WhatsApp messages.

It's a German flow, quite large but it causes the messages to play over Bluetooth as a call (Bluetooth sco) And my radio switches automatically and reproduces the text without me having to do anything

Now there should only be the possibility to have the incoming messages read out at the push of a button.

Moto1987

Post by Moto1987 » 20 Apr 2020 18:56

So now I know a little bit more from my car radio.

Texts can be played back automatically via the hfp protocol.

Now a way to find how Android Auto or Google can play the texts via the hfp protocol would have to be found when I press a button

Micky Micky

Post by Micky Micky » 23 Apr 2020 19:22

Hello

That's interesting about Bluetooth SCO. I'll have a play with that.

What do mean by button? A shortcut on your phone or a physical button somewhere?

Micky
Crude but it works.

Moto1987

Post by Moto1987 » 27 Apr 2020 05:43

Hello,

it would be nice if the hole Android auto / Android gearbox? Uses Bluetooth sco to communicate with me, so I can speak to Google "write a WhatsApp to...."

Now Google speaks over Bluetooth in the a2dp format and my car radio doesn't switch automatically from radio to Bluetooth mode.

When it is impossible then I would like have an software button (widget) that pops up, when an message arrived, that I can click on that to hear the message.

Best is as I said when everything goes over Android auto because there I can say to Google response to the message etc....