I could not find the download link for libcurl for android. please help me

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Kendbad

I could not find the download link for libcurl for android. please help me

Post by Kendbad » 04 Apr 2020 15:49

I could not find the download link for libcurl for android. please help me :cry:

Desmanto

Re: I could not find the download link for libcurl for android. please help me

Post by Desmanto » 11 Apr 2020 18:18

There used to be android version on the curl official site download section. But I can't find it anymore.

The one I can find is curl 7.58, https://wenchiching.wordpress.com/2018/ ... r-android/
Other link require you to compile it again, which I am lazy to do. (learn to do).

Download it and put the curl binary inside your Automagic folder (for easier file management, in case you switch phone). Use execute command from there.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Kendbad

Post by Kendbad » 28 Apr 2020 14:54

Desmanto wrote:
11 Apr 2020 18:18
There used to be android version on the curl official site download section. But I can't find it anymore.

The one I can find is curl 7.58, https://wenchiching.wordpress.com/2018/ ... r-android/
Other link require you to compile it again, which I am lazy to do. (learn to do).

Download it and put the curl binary inside your Automagic folder (for easier file management, in case you switch phone). Use execute command from there.
I have downloaded curl from the link you sent to put it on the sd card, but still cannot use it

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 29 Apr 2020 06:10

How do you use it? What is the full path of the curl binary? What error message you get when you add condition debug dialog after execute command?

Try a very simple curl, example you put your curl binary into /sdcard/Automagic/
Execute command : /sdcard/Automagic/curl www.google.com

Add condition debug dialog and check the result of the stdout or stderr if error occured.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Kendbad

Post by Kendbad » 01 May 2020 04:33

Desmanto wrote:
29 Apr 2020 06:10
How do you use it? What is the full path of the curl binary? What error message you get when you add condition debug dialog after execute command?

Try a very simple curl, example you put your curl binary into /sdcard/Automagic/

Add condition debug dialog and check the result of the stdout or stderr if error occured.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200501-113051.jpg
Screenshot_20200501-113051.jpg (315.3 KiB) Viewed 19219 times

Kendbad

Post by Kendbad » 01 May 2020 04:37

Desmanto wrote:
29 Apr 2020 06:10

The curl file I download from your link has no extension and cannot be extracted

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 03 May 2020 10:42

@Kendbad : Is there any difference between curl and libcurl? I only know curl as the executable binary in android (and other platform too).

The link I provide is the direct binary, no need to extract. I just retry it, and it turns out I am using my default curl binary in my system. When I retry Execute Command

Command :
/storage/emulated/0/Automagic/Resources/curl www.google.com
Working Directory : (leave blank)
I got permission denied at Pie 9.0. My ROM's curl binary is located at /system/bin, but you can put it there without root (mine is rooted).

Means the binary seems need to be moved to /data/local/tmp/ and then set permission to executeable first before using it. I think we can do it. But need to make sure what is your android version, ROM and device model?