Start Recording Screen does not record audio even the Record audio checkbox is checked

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

micatlkw

Start Recording Screen does not record audio even the Record audio checkbox is checked

Post by micatlkw » 17 Mar 2020 10:14

I am on Pixel 4 XL and trying to do screen recording with capturing audio via the phone microphone. But the recorded video does not have the audio recorded. Please advise. Thanks.

Desmanto

Re: Start Recording Screen does not record audio even the Record audio checkbox is checked

Post by Desmanto » 18 Mar 2020 19:18

Maybe there is some permission not yet granted properly? Try to check at the app manager/info and see if all permisson has been granted for Automagic. Try to use action Start Recording Audio and see if mic recording is working properly.

BTW, What is the androdi version? Android 10?
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

micatlkw

Re: Start Recording Screen does not record audio even the Record audio checkbox is checked

Post by micatlkw » 01 Apr 2020 02:07

Thanks Desmanto. I have checked that all permissions, including microphone, are granted to Automagic. And have tried to use Start Recording Audio using the mic but nothing being recorded.

I am on Pixel 4 XL Android 10 Build number QQ2A.200305.003

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 02 Apr 2020 01:28

Do your current ROM has built-in screen recorder? Try to record using built-in screen recorder app. Some ROM might limit the mic recording feature to system app only. If built-in one can record audio properly, then the limitation maybe there. The workaround is to use Control UI to record using built-in app when you need audio recording.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

micatlkw

Post by micatlkw » 07 Apr 2020 02:00

Thanks. I am on the stock ROM of Pixel 4 XL. So there is no built-in screen recorder app. I tried a 3rd party screen recorder app and it can record the audio successfully. So I believe it should be some bugs / compatibility problem with Automagic regarding the audio recording feature.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 11 Apr 2020 18:39

We can't expect Automagic Screen recording feature to work flawlessly on every device. It is not the main feature of the app, so I think we can't ask too much. Usually recording audio will require to play around SElinux. If google know the app is tinkering with this, the app (Automagic) might be removed from playstore, kinda risky.

If other 3rd party recorder works, you can then use Control UI to control the recording. At android 11, there seems to be internal audio recording support officially. Maybe at that time, we can hope Automagic to implement the audio recording fully compatible to all devices.