Widi tethering notification help

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Lucy

Widi tethering notification help

Post by Lucy » 05 Jan 2020 08:34

Until a few days ago i was able to have my hotspot auto switch off from using the notification text "mobile device connected".
The notification has just recently been updated with the same text as above but added a second line containing "tap here to set up"
I have exhausted all efforts in using that approach but triggers are only seeing the new text "tap here to set up". Is this the end for my wifi tethering control? I know no other way

anuraag

Re: Widi tethering notification help

Post by anuraag » 05 Jan 2020 10:35

You can create your own notification using Automagic.
Trigger
- WiFi Tethering State: Enabled
Action
- Notification on Statusbar

Another flow
Trigger
- Notification on Statusbar Selected
Action
- Set WiFi Tethering State: Off

Lucy

Post by Lucy » 07 Jan 2020 05:25

Nah, no good. I need to know of device connect and disconnect .
I have a flow like that already. Whet i need is tethering to switch off upon devoce disconnect. The only way i could intercept that was as i mentioned before. Thank you though🤩

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 07 Jan 2020 16:38

If you put debug dialog after the trigger, can you find anything that is related to the device connect/disconnect? If nothing found, then no luck. I know that the logcat must have something logged to show device connected. But of course, that currently required root, or you need to wait until AM 1.38 to get the read log permission enabled without root.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.