Problem with Evaluation Version

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

jw243

Problem with Evaluation Version

Post by jw243 » 03 Jan 2020 19:40

Hi,

I really like your app. It is so much easier to configure than Tasker. I like it so much that I would like to purchase the app.

However, I do have a problem with the evalutation version. Whenever the app is closed and reopened, there is a warning saying:

"Licence Invalid. The license is not valid for this device. Please request another license for this device." The Automagic Service cannot be started then.

When I open the license.license file in the Automagic folder, it shows January 9th as expiry date, since the app was installed on December 30th.

For your information: I am using LineageOS 16 (Android 9) without GAPPS installed. Hence, Google Play Services are not installed on my device. Instead, MicroG is installed.

I was wondering whether I might run into licensing problems with the paid app, too.

Thanks for your help.

Desmanto

Re: Problem with Evaluation Version

Post by Desmanto » 04 Jan 2020 12:33

Hi,

I am ex tasker user too, 2,5 years ago.
if microG gives you the problem for the evaluation version, it seems the full version will have problem too.
Do you install the official playstore? Because at least the playstore is needed for the license.
I use RR pie 9.0, opengapps nano, and never encounter the license problem.

If you still got the problem after buying the official version, you can email Martin about it. Or better email first before buying. See here : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8503
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Martin

Re: Problem with Evaluation Version

Post by Martin » 09 Jan 2020 20:34

Maybe you copied Automagic from another device to this one or maybe the device id changed after a backup/restore. Please stop Automagic, delete the license.license file and restart Automagic again. It should download an evaluation license that matches this device (respectively the new device id).

Regards,
Martin