Message Dialog Timeout Function

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

vertigo

Message Dialog Timeout Function

Post by vertigo » 15 Dec 2019 02:44

There are a couple issues with the timeout function in the message dialog action. The first is that instead of simply clearing the dialog after the amount of time, it causes a popup every 10s or so saying "x min y sec left" (the amount of time until the specified timeout duration has elapsed), which isn't the intended use at all, at least not for me. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something with it, or maybe it's a limitation of the OS, but to me this feature seems to not work properly.

The second issue, and one that is definitely an issue, is that when a flow hits that point and is counting down the timeout (and repeatedly flashing the annoying popup), it can not be stopped. I tried stopping the flow multiple times, both from the menu inside the flow and the one in the main flow list, and it just kept running.

jassing

Re: Message Dialog Timeout Function

Post by jassing » 15 Dec 2019 09:58

I agree the count down is annoying, and the count down should be paused if the user is active in the dialog. Otherwise it seems to work as expected & described.

I've found that with any dialog open, you cannot stop the flow.

Maybe use a widget dialog? I tried a couple of Plug-ins e/o Success (which is my norm, so I probably am not using them correctly)

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 15 Dec 2019 10:03

Both of your problem seems arise from the same dialog box queue. For the first one, it seems the flow got triggered too many times, so it keep repeating the queue.

As I understand, Automagic seems put a queue on any kind of dialog box that should be prompted. Action based dialog box is in one group, and condition based dialog in another, except debug dialog. So if you have input dialog and confirmation dialog at the same time. Only one can appear and the other will appear after it. If there are other flows executed which has dialog boxes too when current dialog box is still shown, then they will be queued. Once the current dialog has been closed, then the next one in the queue pop up.

The werid thing is pressing home will supress the dialog box and not make them go away. Different than pressing back which will close the dialog box (depends on checkbox). So if you have input dialog box opened, you pressed home, the flow stucked at that input dialog. Until the next time you have flow that execute input dialog too, the previous suppressed dialog box will appear. After you close the supressed one, then the current executed flow's input dialog will be shown.

You should try to design the flow so not everything will run all the same time.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

vertigo

Post by vertigo » 15 Dec 2019 14:30

AFAICT that's not the case, though. No other flows running at the same time, this flow isn't being run over and over but rather it's just sitting on the dialog box step, with that box constantly red the whole time, indicating it's "stuck" at that step, and it's an action dialog, not an input. Maybe it's that I'm pressing home instead of back and behaving in the way you describe when doing so, but then that would certainly seem to be a bug, as the countdown should stop and the flow should continue once the box is closed/hidden, regardless of how. Of course, if that's an OS issue, then not much AM can do about it, though a tip about this behavior on the message dialog help page would be helpful; but if it's an issue with AM, then it's something I would say should be addressed.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 15 Dec 2019 15:57

When you encountered the red stuck element, try to open it and execute it again manually. It usually will pop up the stuck execution, usually twice : the suppressed one and the manual execute one.

The home button behaviour seems to be android supression. But maybe Martin can find a workaround for that, so no dialog can stuck too long in the background.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.