make Bluetooth turn back on every time its disabled: how would this be done?

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

joego

make Bluetooth turn back on every time its disabled: how would this be done?

Post by joego » 22 Nov 2019 23:23

I'm new to this app, so please forgive my ignorance, Could someone give me a hand creating a flow that will toggle my bluetooth on whenever it turns itself off? My device turns Bluetooth off during the night by itself which disconnects my wearos watch sleep tracking. My OS version is android 6.0/marshmallow.

Desmanto

Re: make Bluetooth turn back on every time its disabled: how would this be done?

Post by Desmanto » 23 Nov 2019 06:31

Use Trigger Bluetooth State : Off. Then add action Set Bluetooth State : On. You might want to add sleep 1 to 2 seconds in between, just in case your phone require time to turn on/off bluetooth.

And if your phone turn off bluetooth during night, it is better to find which setting cause the behaviour. It can be some kind of time based event. Using Automagic for this case, can be a cat and mouse situation. After the bluetooth is off, Automagic turns it on. Then the OS thinking why the heck the bluetooth is on again? OS turning it off again, Automagic reacts again and turn it on again. This loop infintely and drain your battery.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.