Automagic as player for all

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Sergey_777-s

Automagic as player for all

Post by Sergey_777-s » 18 Nov 2019 15:27

I have app that search video in the internet and then I can play it locally or sent over dlna, but I want to use automagic as system default video player and then script will deside what player use for finded video, when I share link of video and choose automagic all works, but I can't open video using automagic for get url, and then processing it. I understand that automagic isn't video player but some of interesting things we can do using this opportunity
Or how to get url of current playing file in any player app?

Martin

Re: Automagic as player for all

Post by Martin » 21 Nov 2019 19:25

Hi,

Automagic is indeed not meant to be used as a full fledged video player.
What kind of URL do you want to intercept? It should be possible in general to download a URL that points to a regular resource but URLs to a stream will usually not work.

Regards,
Martin

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 23 Nov 2019 05:36

Do you mean to share the link to Automagic, have Automagic process the link and then open another video player to that link? If yes, you can use trigger Send/Share Intent Received and first try to use condition Debug Dialog to see the link being passed. Usually it will stored at the {text}. Process the text (maybe add some prefix/suffix), then use this text in the start activity
Action : android.intent.action.VIEW
Data URI : {text}
Data MIME Type : video/*
Explicit Component : choose your video player app.

Currently I don't know any method to retrieve current open file (video being played) at any app. It seems to be hidden from user, and maybe can only retrieved from logcat, before the file being open.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Sergey_777-s

Post by Sergey_777-s » 30 Nov 2019 22:23

Thanks for everyone, I solve my problem using hard way: my app opens video stream in mx player, then I kill mx player and in mx player database gets url of last video and then send it over dlna