Later Huawei ROMs fix?

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Wibbly

Later Huawei ROMs fix?

Post by Wibbly » 18 Nov 2019 10:20

Am considering a current Huawei phone as my next phone, but won't go down that route if AM remains unreliable. I found it difficult to discern from all the chatter about this...

If you follow all the "Solution for Users" here https://dontkillmyapp.com/huawei, do they make AM on Huawei reliable (as, say, on a Pixel)?

Wibbly

Re: Later Huawei ROMs fix?

Post by Wibbly » 19 Nov 2019 17:07

Anyone using Huawei?

Martin

Post by Martin » 21 Nov 2019 19:31

Sorry, I can't provide much information myself since I don't use Huawei devices regularly. I just heard from colleagues that they sometimes run into battery saving issues even when all system settings look correct.
Lately Huawei also introduced a bug that affected Automagic (workaround in next update of Automagic). Of course this can also happen with every ROM update of every manufacturer.

I hope someone that uses a current Huawei device as the daily driver can provide more information.

Regards,
Martin

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 23 Nov 2019 05:43

@Wibbly : I used to look on Huaweri's phones too in the past. But stopped after know that most the battery saver things there will affect Automagic. Samsung also have gone that route, but not as strict as Huawei yet. Nokia used to be, but now retracted a bit. I am not against any of these brand, but I prefer my phone and next phones to be at least compatible with Automagic. If they have changed, I will maybe start looking at their phones again, but of course with other consideration too. There are many other brands you can pick, and I believe for most of us, Automagic is far more important than the brand of our phone.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.