Help with merging flows

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

coconutxyz

Help with merging flows

Post by coconutxyz » 09 Nov 2019 08:41

So i have been using this keyboard called 69 (lol) and while it is awesome, the development has stopped for a long time making it kinda limited in certain situation. I'm using paranoid android Q for Xiaomi MI9T and for this i have installed gboard as a backup and created 4 flows to cater different scenarios.

The keyboard has problem popping up with quick reply on lockscreen and using relay for reddit, the enter button doesn't work when i am searching for something. For this 2 scenarios i have change the default input method to gboard

I am looking for some help to maybe merge them if possible and another favor i would like to ask is while keeping relay's search box focused, i would like it to switch the keyboard to 69 when quick replying to messages from e.g. telegram and then switch the keyboard back to gboard.

Thanks.
exported_data_20191109_162030.xml
4 flows in total
(4.78 KiB) Downloaded 603 times

Desmanto

Re: Help with merging flows

Post by Desmanto » 10 Nov 2019 17:40

Seems like a lot of trouble to keep using the app. Using Autoamagic to solve the problems seems too hassle. I am a bit confused of what you want to achieve actually.

Anyway, you can use Control UI to keep focus on the relay's search box. You can find the elementID by using the Control UI overlay button. For Telegram, you can check the notification displayed on statusbar.

To merge several flow together, you can combine the triggers all in single flow. You can add the triggers by tapping the 5 lines icon at the trigger element. Then split the triggers based on the name using condition expression. You can see example how to split it at my automagic backup flow : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7858
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

coconutxyz

Post by coconutxyz » 14 Nov 2019 00:22

Yea I get that it is pretty cumbersome, so I’ve come up another idea which is showing a custom widget for the done/search button. The problem is keyevent 66 is not working and I’m not sure what is the command for that, but tasker has this.

Also since sendkey requires switching to automagic keyboard. Is there anyway I could simulate click to change input method then sendkey then change back to default keyboard then hide overlay.

Sorry if I have confused you

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 22 Nov 2019 17:14

input keyevent 66 is a root command, you can find it in action execute root command, tap the ellipsis, choose input keyevent <key code>, scroll to find 66. It is enter key. You can also find the value of other key here.

If you have root, you can simply the change the default keyboard using action Set Default Input Method, switch to Automagic and other. Without root, you have use action Set System Setting to change the default keyboard. Look for the value when it is Automagic keyboard and other. Copy the value and use it for the set and reset. You have to grant write secure permission first to Automagic using adb in PC. Look at my secure setting logger flow : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7931

After you change the keyboard, you can use control UI to send the key, without having to use execute root command. But this is a bit slower than direct execute root command, since you have to swtich to Automagic keyboard first, do the control UI stuff and switch back again. As I tested, usually the system require about 100=200 ms delay before it recognize new input method. So you have to add some sleep to delay the control UI before sending the enter key.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.