variable Next Alarm wrong value

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

xtofke

variable Next Alarm wrong value

Post by xtofke » 30 Oct 2019 18:31

Hi,
I've created a flow which sets every evening my alarm based on some entries in my agenda.
I also have a second flow which displays a notification with the time of the alarm that was set.

The first flow works perfectly. But now I noticed that the notification shows a time which is 5 minutes earlier then the actual alarm.
Example: alarm was set at 6:45, the notification shows alarm is set at 6:40

I've also tested this with setting the alarm manually and running the second flow. This as the same behaviour.

The flow is very simple: Init variable Next Alarm, apply dateformat en display this in a notification.

Is this a known behaviour? Any ideas. I could solve it by adding 5 minutes to the variable so that's not an issue but I'd like to have this working as it should

Device: Samsung S8+ / Android 9

xtofke

Re: variable Next Alarm wrong value

Post by xtofke » 31 Oct 2019 11:27

Just tried using the system variable next_alarm_formatted and this has the same behaviour :-(

Horschte

Post by Horschte » 31 Oct 2019 11:29

I can't confirm that. If I manually set an alarm to 7:00 then the variable next_alarm shows as 7:00 in a Debug Dialog.

Martin

Post by Martin » 31 Oct 2019 20:16

Hi,

Maybe you are using some kind of alarm that starts the wake up procedure 5 minutes before the actual alarm goes off? There are some alarm clocks that support some kind of a sun rising simulation. For technical reasons such alarms have to start some minutes early and thus set the actual alarm time early by a few minutes.
Maybe there is another app that also sets an alarm at 06:40? For example Automagic itself could cause this when a timer is used with option 'Like alarm clock'. Other apps sometimes also use the same feature.
Depending on device and Android version you can open the app in question by opening the notification drawer or quick settings drawer and clicking on the alarm clock symbol that likely also shows the wrong time.

Regards,
Martin