Pulling down notification triggers App Task Ended/Started

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

aximili

Pulling down notification triggers App Task Ended/Started

Post by aximili » 27 Sep 2019 02:09

I have a Task to turn on Auto Rotate when I open certain apps.
But when I am on bed, I want to be able to pull down notification and turn auto-rotate off.

The problem is, pulling down notification would trigger App Task Ended and closing the notification would re-trigger App Task Started - thus making it impossible for me to turn auto-rotate off.

I never had this problem when I used Tasker. Am I missing something here?

(Similar post that I don't understand: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4539)

Martin

Re: Pulling down notification triggers App Task Ended/Started

Post by Martin » 27 Sep 2019 18:25

Hi,

You can try to see if the Method in trigger 'App Task Started' helps to change the behavior. Alternatively you could temporarily disable and then re-enable the flows when you are pulling down the notification drawer.

Regards,
Martin

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 27 Sep 2019 18:31

Other method is you can a quick tile setting. When you press it, disable the app task started/ended flow for 1 seconds and re-enable it back. This will make the auto rotate off, and when back to the app, the auto rotate is still off since the flow is disabled when you return.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

aximili

Post by aximili » 28 Sep 2019 11:58

Martin wrote:
27 Sep 2019 18:25
You can try to see if the Method in trigger 'App Task Started' helps to change the behavior. Alternatively you could temporarily disable and then re-enable the flows when you are pulling down the notification drawer.
Perfect! The Experimental method works. Thank you Martin!
I with that was the default, now I need to go change 20+ tasks that use app started/ended.