Auto-closing SCREEN OVERLAY notifications

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

LeeYVR

Auto-closing SCREEN OVERLAY notifications

Post by LeeYVR » 20 Sep 2019 22:32

I realize Automagic can detect a notification on status bar and close it, but can it do the same thing for a screen overlay notification?

I.e.: My calendar app overlays a notification on screen showing the next appointment. That is great but the only way to get rid of it is to click the close "X" box.

I would like to automatically close ALL such screen overlay notifications (from any program) after a 20 to 30 second display...

The reason I want to do this is not laziness! We have very strict distracted driving laws in BC and if I click the X with my finger to get rid of that notification I can get a hefty ticket if I am caught doing it!

When I am driving using google map, if a notification draws an overlay box on screen and does not close it automatically, I can't see the map anymore... This is why I need an auto-closing system...

Is there a possible flow for this?

Thanks a lot!

Martin

Re: Auto-closing SCREEN OVERLAY notifications

Post by Martin » 23 Sep 2019 07:29

Hi,

You could try to see if trigger UI Event or even trigger App Task Started reacts to the overlay and then use action Control UI: click(...) to simulate clicking on the X button.

Regards,
Martin

LeeYVR

Re: Auto-closing SCREEN OVERLAY notifications

Post by LeeYVR » 30 Sep 2019 02:41

I'll give it a try, thanks Martin!