Evaluation version with a lot of issues

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

BKB

Evaluation version with a lot of issues

Post by BKB » 02 Aug 2019 23:24

I'm planning to buy premium version and started to use evaluation version to test, I liked all features and possibilities a lot, but I'm having some issues

1. Even after granted access to SD, the app sometimes return this "Error saving flows: flow_check: open failed EROFS

2. Whenever a try to open a in app window (like help, or map to pick location, or catalog), Automagic stop running

3. When I try to modify the path where flows will be save, the app restart like the first time, asking for accept the terms (returning a toast message "can not start service, the terms have to be accepted first" ) and path stay in default

4. Some configuration like SD granted acess, root access and start after update, go unmarked sometimes, with no reason

I would like to know how fix that issues, and if premium version will remain the same, otherwise

Useful info: device: Samsung Galaxy J2 (SM-J200BT)
Android 5.1.1
Root app: SuperSU v2.82
I install Automagic linked to SD with Link2SD v4.34

Desmanto

Re: Evaluation version with a lot of issues

Post by Desmanto » 03 Aug 2019 01:26

All of these problem can be traced back to the link2sd. You have to make sure Automagic is installed in the internal, not linked or moved to sdcard. Automagic has a lot of dependencies on startup event or service. Linking the apk or moving to sdcard will break most of these functions.

Even since 2013, I already stop using link2sd for some of these reasons. It is bad and cause a lot of problem than the benefit it offers.

Other things you might need to check is whether there is any xposed module that might limit Automagic functionality. Maybe xprivacy or other similar module.

I have using Automagic premium since July 2017, in Lollipop 5.1 until now in Pie 9.0. If I face any major error, all of them comes from the ROM configuration (such as privacy guard in RR), not from the Automagic itself.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

BKB

Re: Evaluation version with a lot of issues

Post by BKB » 07 Aug 2019 11:46

Desmanto wrote:
03 Aug 2019 01:26
All of these problem can be traced back to the link2sd. You have to make sure Automagic is installed in the internal, not linked or moved to sdcard. Automagic has a lot of dependencies on startup event or service. Linking the apk or moving to sdcard will break most of these functions.

Even since 2013, I already stop using link2sd for some of these reasons. It is bad and cause a lot of problem than the benefit it offers.

Other things you might need to check is whether there is any xposed module that might limit Automagic functionality. Maybe xprivacy or other similar module.

I have using Automagic premium since July 2017, in Lollipop 5.1 until now in Pie 9.0. If I face any major error, all of them comes from the ROM configuration (such as privacy guard in RR), not from the Automagic itself.

Great advice, solve all issues, better automation app I ever use, thank you 😊