BlueTooth Scan

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

xpdev

BlueTooth Scan

Post by xpdev » 26 Jul 2019 06:53

Hi

near wifiscann setting there is a "Bluetooth scann" setting.

There is a possibility that Automagic may receive from Android a list of near device BT while BT is off ?

Just to understand, like worked wifiscann in the past ?

thank you
Xiaomi MI 6

Rom Miui 10 EU STABLE

Desmanto

Re: BlueTooth Scan

Post by Desmanto » 27 Jul 2019 15:21

I don't understand it completely. You mean like periodic bluetooth scan? I don't think it will work when bluetooth is off.

My bluetooth always on now, since I use WearOS and have periodic timer (actually glovardt) for my learning flow. And it doesn't consume any significant battery than before.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

xpdev

Post by xpdev » 29 Jul 2019 06:07

Hi Desmanto

thank you for your reply

I mean:

Android has in Location settings a "Wifi scan" setting that Automagic get from Android with a "Wifi scan result available"

Android has in Location settings a "BlueTooth scan" setting
this makes me suppose that android also scans BT devices (with the BT off) as it does with wifi even when WIFI is off.

I was wondering if automagic can somehow intercept this scan.

All these waiting for Android Q to give the possibility to circumvent the limitation of the access of the APP to the periodic scanning of Wifi. (see Update 2: Toggle coming in Q Beta 5 - https://www.xda-developers.com/android- ... ling-apps/ )

I hope I was clearer this time

Thank you
Xiaomi MI 6

Rom Miui 10 EU STABLE

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 29 Jul 2019 11:37

Bluetooth auto scan seems to be working only when bluetooth is on. So you still have to leave the bluetooth on. It won't drain that much, just try it. There is no trigger to get the result, so you have to use periodic timer trigger. And you can't scan for result, except for BLE device.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

xpdev

Post by xpdev » 29 Jul 2019 15:27

Thank you again.

If i have to leave the BT Always on, i have to do nothing else, 'cose phone find alone my BT car.
Xiaomi MI 6

Rom Miui 10 EU STABLE