Default dialer: Phone, Skype, Linphone, etc

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

markd89

Default dialer: Phone, Skype, Linphone, etc

Post by markd89 » 25 Jun 2019 00:24

I'm running Android 8.1

I'm looking for a way to check and change the default dialer.

If I click one of the Direct Dial shortcuts I have setup, it prompts me whether to use Phone, Linphone, Skype. I can also set Always for it not to ask me again.

I have a Flow where I want to dial using Phone, then set Android back so it prompts me the next time I use a Direct Dial shortcut.

Any tips much appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark

anuraag

Re: Default dialer: Phone, Skype, Linphone, etc

Post by anuraag » 25 Jun 2019 01:23

This code will give you default dialer packageName
http://automagic4android.com/forum/view ... 15b#p24941

Below code can give you list of installed all dialers. You can use input dialog to create list then choose your desired dialer to dial.

Code: Select all

packageNames=newList();
intent=callJavaConstructor("android.content.Intent", "Intent(java.lang.String, android.net.Uri)", "android.intent.action.DIAL", callJavaStaticMethod("android.net.Uri", "parse(java.lang.String)", "tel:"));
resolveInfos=callJavaMethod(callJavaMethod(getContext(), "android.content.Context", "getPackageManager()"), "android.content.pm.PackageManager", "queryIntentActivities(android.content.Intent, int)", intent, 0);
for (resolveInfo in resolveInfos)
{activityInfo=getJavaField(resolveInfo, "android.content.pm.ResolveInfo", "activityInfo");
addElement(packageNames, getJavaField(getJavaField(activityInfo, "android.content.pm.ActivityInfo", "applicationInfo"), "android.content.pm.ApplicationInfo", "packageName"))
}

markd89

Post by markd89 » 25 Jun 2019 04:57

Thanks very much for your help!

I used your code and the input dialog shows:

com.android.dialer
com.skype.m2

However, when I dial from a Direct Dial shortcut there are three choices:

Phone
Linphone
Skype Lite

Can you see why Linphone would be missing?

The default data seems to be stored for app Call Management (com.android.server.telecom).

More detail: My plan is to have a Flow set the default dialer to Phone, use Call Number, End Call, then reset the default to none. This way the Flow will dial using Phone but when I use my Direct Dials, I will be prompted whether to use Phone, Linphone or Skype Lite.

or maybe a simpler approach: Is there a way to use "Call Number" and "End Call" and specify to specifically use com.android.dialer for these actions? Right now they use the default dialer.

Thanks again!

Mark

anuraag

Post by anuraag » 25 Jun 2019 08:08

You can change android.intent.action.DIAL to android.intent.action.CALL to get (com.android.server.telecom) and maybe Linphone.
or maybe a simpler approach: Is there a way to use "Call Number" and "End Call" and specify to specifically use com.android.dialer for these actions? Right now they use the default dialer.
Try action start activity
Set Action: android.intent.action.CALL
Set Data URI: tel:+91xxxxx
enable Explicit component and set packageName to com.android.server.telecom

Screenshot for example
2019-6-25_13-38-5.PNG
2019-6-25_13-38-5.PNG (159.96 KiB) Viewed 10541 times

markd89

Post by markd89 » 25 Jun 2019 14:28

Thanks, that worked perfectly!!