am poor performance on a new device after importing flows

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

heliosone

am poor performance on a new device after importing flows

Post by heliosone » 24 Jun 2019 06:38

this is the second time I noticed a severe slow down of automatic,when installed on a new device(after factory reset) and importing my backuped flows.
This time on a device,where automatic worked flowless before I upgraded,factory reset & reImported my flows.

The slowdown happens,when you want to edit an action.
it takes about 5secs until you can change anything,before that the dialog is kinda lockedUp.
I noticed the same behaviour on an old 4.x device before,thought this is due to the old hardware,but it seems this is an automagic problem (maybe with my flows).

Also opening a flow ,scrolling up and down shows a significant slowdown.
There arent any errors in the logfile,its just like a forced pause when using the action editor.

As I havent read about that in forum,I guess it can also be related to my flows.

What can cause this slowdown , too many actions/variables/....?
Is there something to be/changed optimized when importing flows ???

Desmanto

Re: am poor performance on a new device after importing flows

Post by Desmanto » 24 Jun 2019 17:57

Do you enable the accessibility? Have all permission granted properly after installing Automagic on new device?

I ever have slow down, but that is cause by my flow, constant UI Event logging all the time, cause the script to pile up on the glovar. You can try to disable all the flow first and check if problem persist. You can later reimport the flow again to make all the flow enabled properly again.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

heliosone

Post by heliosone » 30 Jun 2019 05:52

all permissions were set BEFORE importing the first flows.
after importing,I noticed the severe slowdown WITHIN automagic (editing an action takes approx 5 secs until I can change a value,scrolling is kinda choppy,just the whole ui lags a bit as well.
its the same on an old 4.x device / and its the same on a way newer 8core 6.0 device.

The importing was done with ONE big xml file for flows and one for widgets.

As Im still not sure if thats a design flaw or something about my flows/widgets/actions,I exported the flows in groups,removed automagics data,reset all permissions,and reimported the flows group by group.
and this time the lag is almost not there (with each flows/widget group I imported,it takes a few more ms to edit an action,but I guess thats normal,as the count of actions/conditions/... rises).

So it seems this lag-hickUp only occurs when you/I import a huge flow file at once.

I really think automagic needs an Importing Wizard,so you can choose WHAT to import !!!

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 06 Jul 2019 16:56

How big is your flows.xml file? Mine is about 2,3 MB now. I have almost 2000 actions and 1000 conditions, but never yet experience such 5 seconds lag. I have reimported the flow several time when changing/updating ROM and have no problem with it.

But yeah, I agree we need import wizard, where we can choose which group/flow we want to import. Then whether to preserve the flow state (enabled flow).
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Martin

Post by Martin » 06 Jul 2019 20:05

@heliosone: Please restart the device once then enable 'Debug log' and 'Write log to file' and see if anything appears in the log after you've experienced such a slow editing operation.
Also check the workarounds section in the settings of Automagic and see if it helps to enable or disable Software rendering in flow editor (the workaround option should usually be inactive for best performance).

Please feel free to send me the log and the flows/widgets (menu->Log, menu->Send log) so I can also try to reproduce the issue on a test device.
What device are you using? Are you using a custom ROM or something like Xposed?

Regards,
Martin