Help searching in the Forum

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Econdoc

Help searching in the Forum

Post by Econdoc » 08 Jun 2019 21:19

I would like to use Search to find, say, any user who mentioned "execute flows" as an action. Entering the words execute flows, even enclosed in quotation marks, does not work very well. I find several hundred references that contain both words, but not necessarily next to each other. Is there a way to restrict my search to show items that literally contain "execute flows" ?

Desmanto

Re: Help searching in the Forum

Post by Desmanto » 09 Jun 2019 06:27

It seems the search use logical operator too. We can search using execute|flows, which is the default search anyway. Since | is OR, we can try to replace it with & (AND logic).

Try to search execute&flows , this should give the exact "execute flows" result. But I tried and it is not highlighted, so you have to click each link to find it again.
Maybe this & can be added as the information in the advanced search.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Econdoc

Post by Econdoc » 09 Jun 2019 13:17

Thanks for trying this search issue. I thought that you were saying that execute&flows worked. I tried it and had little success. What I am trying to do, as I am sure you know, is to find the literal string “execute flows.” I want that exact phrase. There are many occasions when one wants to see how a user implemented an action or condition. When the search is for two or more words, like “Move Files”, “Input Dialog”, “Start Service”, ”Show Call log”, finding the literal string is paramount.
Having the “&” added to the documentation is a good idea. However, the addition of a search for a string enclosed in quotation marks would be my suggestion.

Martin

Post by Martin » 10 Jun 2019 15:31

Hi,

I've made some configuration changes in the forum so search should be much faster now and also searching for phrases in double quotes should work better now.
A search for "Execute Flows" should now return less results. The highlighting within the search results will still highlight the individual words but it should only find posts that contain the phrase Execute Flows, except that it ignores some delimiters so it will also find Execute&Flows for example.

Regards,
Martin

Econdoc

Post by Econdoc » 11 Jun 2019 12:42

Thanks, Martin. This is much improved.