Switch network mode via action "launch shortcut"

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

stefanprivat

Switch network mode via action "launch shortcut"

Post by stefanprivat » 04 Jun 2019 10:02

Hi

Search still for a solution to switch automatic the network mode from/to 2G/3G/4G/(5G in future)/WIFI to proceed calls/sms in the specific network mode.

I opened in past following post:
http://www.automagic4android.com/forum/ ... vat#p23908

In this upper post we noted, that my Samsung Galaxy S7 does not honor the "set system setting changes" preferred_network_mode ....
After that, it was suggested to use the UI to switch.

As this setting has to be changed very often, I search for a better solution.
Tried to create a shortcut/widget which then can be launched via the action "launch shortcut".
Unfortunately with this shortcut, I come not deep enough into the system settings path to do changes direct from:
2G
3G
4G

Have spent hours with different shortcut creators...unfortunately without success.

Does anyone have a hint for a special shortcut creator?
Or other solution/hint to switch from/to 2G/3G/4G/(5G in future)/WIFI without having to use the UI?

Best regards

Stefan

Desmanto

Re: Switch network mode via action "launch shortcut"

Post by Desmanto » 04 Jun 2019 14:59

If Set System setting doesn't work and you don't have root, still Control UI is the last resort. The launch app doesn't have to go directly to the setting. You can set it to the closest shortcut and continue Control UI from there. For example, at my phone, shortcut Phone Services > MobileNetworkSettings only land on the SIM card menu. I still have to tap on the Advanced button to uncover the network mode selection. I can use click("Advanced") to uncover it and then click("Preferred network type") to open the network mode selection.

So you don't have to search for the precise shortcut. Just use the closest one, with the minimum additional click and it is good to go already. But you have to add additional sleep in between though, so this will add up some latency.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.