Take Screenshot adds a black line

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

anuraag

Take Screenshot adds a black line

Post by anuraag » 27 Apr 2019 16:59

screenshot.png
screenshot.png (56.75 KiB) Viewed 8569 times

Desmanto

Re: Take Screenshot adds a black line

Post by Desmanto » 27 Apr 2019 17:11

Finally, someone who understand what I feel at that time :) : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7272

You need to go to the developer options and turn off Transition animation scale. Anytime you use media projection API to take screenshot (automagic built-in take screenshot action), the animation will get into the way 50% of the time.
That's why I don't use it anymore. I have root, so I use execute root command screencap -p {output}. Much faster and doesn't suffer from the transition animation scale (I still have it at 0.5x)
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

anuraag

Post by anuraag » 27 Apr 2019 23:35

That worked. Thanks. I had my set to 0.5
What about takeScreenshot() on Android 9. Does it work same way?

Edit: This app works without any black boxes and transitions animation set to 1.0.
I wonder if @Martin can take a look into this.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 28 Apr 2019 07:16

takeScreenshot() on Pie behave just like pressing power + vol down. It will trigger default android screenshot action, not using MP-API, doesn't suffer from the transition. But it will still have the screenshot animation, which takes around 2 seconds before it disappear and it always save the file using Screenshot_yyyyMMdd_HHmmss_appname.png in /storage/emulated/0/Pictures/Screenshots/ folder.

I want no animation at all, as it is very annoying to wait for the animation. And I need to save into custom folder. My screenshot flow take screenshot only per one day folder, so it doesn't clutter up the main folder. I can even set a custom name, so all following screenshot will be saved inside that custom folder. That makes it easier to make tutorial based upon multiple continuous screenshot. When done, I simply revert back to normal folder and only need to copy the whole custom folder to PC for further processing.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Martin

Post by Martin » 28 Apr 2019 19:36

I'll investigate if there's a way to prevent the black bar. Maybe this is an issue on newer Android versions since I think this did not happen on older versions of Android.

Regards,
Martin