Known Issues on Android Q

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Micky Micky

Re: Known Issues on Android Q

Post by Micky Micky » 02 Feb 2020 21:26

Copy to works.
Copy from doesn't.
Crude but it works.

skiptannen

Post by skiptannen » 02 Feb 2020 21:48

Ugh....
Micky Micky wrote:
02 Feb 2020 21:26
Copy to works.
Copy from doesn't.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 03 Feb 2020 01:24

@skiptannen : Trigger clipboard, action copy to/from clipboard; all still works if you are opening automagic or using any method to get it foreground (input dialog, message dialog, confirmation dialog, etc). That's why I am thinking to move input dialog before any copy from/to clipboard action, to make it always work. But it is not always can be done.

The CUI flow is done in current ROM, android pie; just finished last week. It should work for android 10, since it involves automagic input dialog and show CUI overlay; but I can't test the realibility. I won't update to android 10, until the workaround is working.

I need some time to test it first. Because I usually find something broken in the week after. The CUI flow is standalone, so I can share it; although it has some indirect interaction with my multi clipboard flow. It is the text extractor flow that I forgot to share. After the CUI flow, I am working directly with logcat feature, hence forgot about it. There are many things I thought I have known about and it turns logcat provide many ways to filter and some other helpful feature.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

skiptannen

Post by skiptannen » 03 Feb 2020 15:28

It sounds like there will be a reasonable number of workarounds for clipboard, so I feel a bit better about it, but I think I'll still avoid Android 10 for as long as possible.

I'm intrigued by all that can be done with logcat but I am unwilling to root my device. Just for giggles, though, I have an old Galaxy S5 I may try to root so I can play with it.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 03 Feb 2020 16:09

@skiptannen : I also have decided to stay as long as I can. The problem is if I choose to upgrade my phone this year, I am afraid android 10 is already the default ROM. Hopefully android 11 preview will introduce the clipboard back as grantable permission.

Once AM 1.38 is release to playstore, we can do logcat/dumpsys without root. We only need to grant READ_LOGS and DUMP permission from adb once, and can utilize the power of both commands. Creating the logcat flow really helps me to improve my ohter logging flow too. Reading logcat now can be much shorter and easier.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

skiptannen

Post by skiptannen » 04 Feb 2020 14:01

I don't think I would count on Android 11 bringing that back. It would be nice, but once Google taketh away...
Desmanto wrote:
03 Feb 2020 16:09
@skiptannen : I also have decided to stay as long as I can. The problem is if I choose to upgrade my phone this year, I am afraid android 10 is already the default ROM. Hopefully android 11 preview will introduce the clipboard back as grantable permission.
Excellent - I hadn't seen that in the 1.38 change log.
Desmanto wrote:
03 Feb 2020 16:09
Once AM 1.38 is release to playstore, we can do logcat/dumpsys without root. We only need to grant READ_LOGS and DUMP permission from adb once, and can utilize the power of both commands. Creating the logcat flow really helps me to improve my ohter logging flow too. Reading logcat now can be much shorter and easier.

Sarolf

Post by Sarolf » 27 Feb 2020 18:42

Clipboard data
Automagic can not read the clipboard anymore when the UI of Automagic is not currently displaying in foreground and has input focus. This means that action Copy Text from Clipboard and trigger Clipboard Changed will be mostly useless when no workaround can be found.
Link: https://developer.android.com/preview/p ... board-data
Workarounds: not known yet, just an idea for a workaround that could make the action work again, but not the trigger
Related issues: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/123461156
Hallo Martin,
vielleicht hilft dir das:

Per PC über ADB:
adb -d shell appops set ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagic SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW allow;
adb -d shell pm grant ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagic android.permission.READ_LOGS;
adb shell am force-stop ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagic;

oder mit dem Magisk Modul Riru - Clipboard Whitelist https://github.com/Kr328/Riru-ClipboardWhitelist-Magisk

So kann ich zumindest meinen Clipboard Manager betreiben und vielleicht hilft das auch Automagic.

anuraag

Post by anuraag » 04 Mar 2020 04:49

Desmanto wrote:
07 Jan 2020 16:58
2. Clipboard data
Also working fine here. Multi clipboard flow still working
Chipboard changed trigger working for you with Automagic in background?

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 04 Mar 2020 06:05

anuraag wrote:
04 Mar 2020 04:49
Chipboard changed trigger working for you with Automagic in background?
Sorry, I retract that afterward : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7947&start=20#p27051

During first few days, I mostly modify some of my flow and use clipboard while in Automagic. That's why clipboard still works. Once I use it for several days, finally realize that a lot of clipboard don't get saved (trigger not working). And I found out if changing clipboard while input dialog is showing, it is working (Automagic is foreground during input dialog). That explains why I realize it later.

anuraag

Post by anuraag » 04 Mar 2020 06:26

I just tring to access clipboard since tasker can do it. This method works so far.
Command output trigger "Command Output: logcat ClipboardService:E *:S -T 15 contains text ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagic". When triggered set Automagic input method >> copy clip_data to multi clipboard>> set back input method.