Known Issues on Android Q

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Martin

Re: Known Issues on Android Q

Post by Martin » 04 Oct 2019 19:02

Hi,

I can reproduce this problem. The system just logs that the request to show it by Automagic is ignored :cry:
I have an idea for a workaround. Will try to incorporate it in the next build.

Thanks for reporting!

Regards,
Martin

moonspeak

Post by moonspeak » 04 Oct 2019 23:07

Martin wrote:
04 Oct 2019 19:02
Hi,

I can reproduce this problem. The system just logs that the request to show it by Automagic is ignored :cry:
I have an idea for a workaround. Will try to incorporate it in the next build.

Thanks for reporting!

Regards,
Martin
Thanks for the response. Good to hear you've got an idea for it!

For anyone else in the same boat who passes by this post, a semi-workaround I've come up with for now is keeping visible the keyboard switcher notification that the system shows when the keyboard is open and making the shortcut tap that notification instead. Only drawback is it can only work when the keyboard is already visible to make that notification show, but that is when it's most needed (at least in my case) anyway.

Micky Micky

Post by Micky Micky » 24 Dec 2019 19:32

Hi

I got Android 10 on my Samsung S10 yesterday.

Only problem was launching Google Drive's PDF activity from a shortcut. I changed to Onedrive's and it worked.

All good otherwise.

Many thanks
Crude but it works.

Micky Micky

Post by Micky Micky » 27 Dec 2019 13:39

Spoke too soon!

Periodic timer exact is causing problems.

Example: a flow gets my location and requests a map from Google. It returns a map of somewhere in the US when I'm in the UK.
Execute the flow manually and it works correctly.
I created another flow with the periodic timer exact as the trigger and execute flow as an action. The flow works fine.

Other flows couldn't parse JSON responses correctly and the above workaround solved the problem.

Periodic timer inexact seems okay.

Also getting a bit of lag moving around inside Automagic.

Hope this is of some help.

EDIT
The lag issue was solved by doing a soft reset. (Hold volume down and power key)
Crude but it works.

holger

Post by holger » 07 Jan 2020 15:09

Martin wrote:
22 Jun 2019 19:42
The EAP version of Automagic already incorporates this mechanism on Q so the affected conditions and actions ask for the system alert window permission (Draw over other apps).
I'm sending an android.intent.action.MAIN to another app via the start activity action, which also seems to require the SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW permission to work in the background. Automagic v1.37 didn't ask me for the permission (unless I messed up somehow), not sure whether this would be expected in this case.

While here (this is my first post in this forum), many thanks for this awesome app. I came from Llama, and Automagic (together with Phone Profiles, the other app mentioned above) is a way nicer replacement.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 07 Jan 2020 16:58

Hi, I am already at havoc 3.0 android pie 10. Accessibility seems to be working faster here, don't know if it is from the ROM, kernel or android 10. But some of my script that usually delay, now become faster. Now I have to set the delay to wait for other element instead.

1. Background activity Starts
Seem working fine here. I already enable draw over other app permission

2. Clipboard data
Also working fine here. Multi clipboard flow still working

3. Enable and disable Wi-Fi
Now all wifi related flow require location feature to be enabled (GPS - high accuracy). If the location is off or only network, then flow with wifi related element won't work. Automagic also need to be granted location feature all the time, go to app info > permission > location permission > Allow all the time. By default, it is only "Allow only while using the app". This cause some of my flow failed, and later I found out the flows only works if I open Automagic. Then I see location icon at the statusbar, and immediately investigate the permission and found out the culprit. This location limitation also happen to other app, so not only to Automagic.

I have no choice but to leave location feature enabled all the time. And I still haven't find any significant drain compared to previously only enabled when opening certain app. This render my navigation flow useless (which turn on GPS when using certain app), as now the OS is doing the job already.

So the solution for this : enable GPS all the time (location high accuracy) and set Automagic location permission to "Allow all the time".

4. Scoped Storage
I tested this using OTG, and still can find the path to the OTG. I copy the path from MiXplorer, still the same. It also happen in android pie 9.0. So it seems to be the bug in AM 1.37.

@holger : This was expected, as the background acitvity Starts limitation in android 10. Tasker also need to enable this. Many other app also have to granted draw over other app to work properly.
Last edited by Desmanto on 08 Jan 2020 11:49, edited 1 time in total.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

holger

Post by holger » 08 Jan 2020 10:28

Desmanto wrote:
07 Jan 2020 16:58
@holger : This was expected, as the background acitvity Starts limitation in android 10.
Yes, I was unsure whether it's expected that Automagic didn't ask me for this permission.

1-2-Hak

Post by 1-2-Hak » 10 Jan 2020 11:26

I just wanted to confirm from anyone on Q if Wifi Tethering switching still works? I have been pushed the Q update but before I install what to make sure this isnt a deal breaker?

Thanks

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 10 Jan 2020 16:52

@holger : Maybe current AM 1.37 is not all setup to properly work for android 10 yet. Maybe next AM 1.38 will ensure the permission is requested properly

Additional things besides the draw over other app permission, all wifi related elements should include warning for android 10 to enable high accuracy all the time. If not, then the flow only works when automagic is in used (foreground).

I started to get some problem with the clipboard. Intermittently I got null when pasting/sharing the clipboard content. But can't get exactly how it happen yet, I will try to troubleshoot further first.

@1-2-Hak : Not working properly anymore. Action Set Wifi Tethering State with Method 1 produce error immediately. With method 2 (root), it succesfully turn on, but produce error when turning off. Seems last resort is to use Control UI. Or don't update first before the workaround is found.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

1-2-Hak

Post by 1-2-Hak » 11 Jan 2020 03:09

Desmanto wrote:
10 Jan 2020 16:52

@1-2-Hak : Not working properly anymore. Action Set Wifi Tethering State with Method 1 produce error immediately. With method 2 (root), it succesfully turn on, but produce error when turning off. Seems last resort is to use Control UI. Or don't update first before the workaround is found.
@desmanto This is tragic news. Thanks for letting me know.
It seems google is determined to stop giving the advantages over iPhone by limiting it's devices in the same way.