Any way to hide AM's own persistent notification?

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

sirauto

Any way to hide AM's own persistent notification?

Post by sirauto » 28 Feb 2019 17:15

Latest update results in a persistent notification from AM itself. I didn't use to have it and it seemed to work fine without it. I can lower its priority and the icon is removed but the notification is still there when expanding notifications. I see there is a flow someone posted if you are rooted, is that the only way to do it or is there some setting I'm not seeing?

ariloc

Re: Any way to hide AM's own persistent notification?

Post by ariloc » 01 Mar 2019 02:32

In the lastest update now Automagic uses a feature in Android 8.0+ if I remember correctly, where it uses the categories to separate the persistent notification from any other one that you would make with a flow. You can simply go into AM's settings and in Settings -> General -> Modify status icon settings, it will redirect you to the system settings where you can directly disable notifications that are in category "Automagic status notification" but other notifications will still work. Also, before the update, Automagic allowed to disable the notification within the same settings, without needing to use the system. Just keep in mind that disabling the persistent notification may cause Automagic to close in the background if you didn't disable battery optimization for it, so make sure to disable it, going to AM Settings -> Features and Permissions -> Ignore power optimization

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 01 Mar 2019 17:20

Automagic 1.37.0 support notification channel. Probably one of the requirement is to always have the persistent notification from now on. I already let Automagic to have persistent notification already. I am more afraid that one of the flow failed to execute properly than the persistent notification takes up one notification space.

This update change the default behaviour to shown minimize. I actually like it expanded as usual, so I can open automagic from anywhere. I need to swipe once first before tapping the notification to open Automagic. But fortunately I can use action Modify Automagic Notification on Statusbar and tick Use a big message. This way, the notification behaves the same as before, always maximized and only require single tap to open Automagic.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

mattd_nf

Post by mattd_nf » 01 Mar 2019 19:57

I use the "Snooze Notification" action to hide the Automagic notification and I've never had any issues. This was suggested to me by Martin in the following thread...

http://automagic4android.com/forum/view ... =10#p21940

Martin

Post by Martin » 01 Mar 2019 20:28

Hi,

The notification settings are now mostly handled in the system settings since Automagic supports notifications channels/categories starting with v1.37.
You can open the settings: Automagic->Settings->General and click Modify status icon settings and disable the notification with the switch or modify the behavior to show the notification minimized or show silently etc.

Regards,
Martin

sirauto

Post by sirauto » 02 Mar 2019 02:04

Martin wrote:Hi,

The notification settings are now mostly handled in the system settings since Automagic supports notifications channels/categories starting with v1.37.
You can open the settings: Automagic->Settings->General and click Modify status icon settings and disable the notification with the switch or modify the behavior to show the notification minimized or show silently etc.

Regards,
Martin
Will it disable all notifications from AM or just the persistent one? Not sure whether there would be other notifications that I do not want to miss. And I assume that disabling the notification will not impact AM running in the background.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 02 Mar 2019 17:16

It seems to only disable the persistent notification. As I test, the notification from flow still appear althouhg I disable the notification from the modify status icon. It seems flow notification and Automagic persistent notification are on different channel now and controlled separately. You can try to turn it off and try to run a flow which create a notification on statusbar. I still prefer to have Automagic persistent notification running on statusbar. And as I know, Automagic is running foreground, not background.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Martin

Post by Martin » 02 Mar 2019 21:37

Automagic creates one notification channel just for the status notification so you can hide or adjust the behavior of the persistent notification without affecting other notifications. You can also see an overview of currently defined notification channels when you open system settings->Apps->Automagic->Notifications.

Regards,
Martin