MIUI permission issue

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

marcosnaka

MIUI permission issue

Post by marcosnaka » 19 Feb 2019 18:54

hi, guys! Even turning on the permission to notification access, the following error occurs. Then, I manually turn off and then on the permission, and then the access works right, but some hours later it turns to errors again.
Besides, sometimes in the morning Automagic is killed and I have to manually run it. Is there something I can do to fix it?

Android info: MIUI Global 10.2 Android 8.1.0

18.02.2019 11:04:50.594 [Flow] Error:
ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagiclib.util.m: Notification detector is not running
at ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagic.model.b.bh.a(SourceFile:180)
at ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagic.model.b.bh.a(SourceFile:167)
at ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagic.model.flow.e.a(SourceFile:1084)
at ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagic.model.flow.e.b(SourceFile:1403)
at ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagic.model.flow.e.a(SourceFile:66)
at ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagic.model.flow.e$8.run(SourceFile:1207)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:794)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:176)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6656)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:547)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:873)

Thanks!

Desmanto

Re: MIUI permission issue

Post by Desmanto » 20 Feb 2019 10:49

I used to use MIUI until 9.5.17.0, Oreo 8.1 in Redmi Note 5. Automagic works suprisingly fine, never got killed. Some setting you need to do :
1. Turn off MIUI optimization (and Memory Optimization if there is) in developer option. This is very critical, as it is the silent assassin that always murder the notification and accessibility.
2. Set Automagic to "Don't optimize" in the battery optimization
3. Never use the "nuke button", the kill all button at the recent menu. That is a guarantee kill to notification and accessibility service; even you have done no 1 and 2. Android is very optimized already at the latest iteration, there is no need to kill all anymore. I never touch this button and my SOT still easily reach 10 hours in 2 days (4000 mAh battery)
4. Don't know if it matters, but I have uninstalled most MIUI and google bloatware from adb uninstall.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

marcosnaka

Post by marcosnaka » 21 Feb 2019 17:10

Hello,
The 1st solution was not good. I got security notification all the time and the system seemed to get slower. So, I'll have to get over this instability.
About adb uninstall I didn't understand, so I'll look for information on Google.

Thank you!

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 21 Feb 2019 18:34

The fake security notification appear starting from some version of MIUI 10. It seems they purposely slowdown the phone when this option is off.
Some users have turned it off and still the phone is working fine, no instability. Those users probably have uninstalled the bloatware and hence the app responsible for the slowdown doesn't become active.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.