Temporarily mute

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

digitalstone

Re: Temporarily mute

Post by digitalstone » 19 Jan 2019 15:09

@Rafi4 In case you're wondering, the trigger-element of a flow sends with it a variable called "trigger".
The value of that variable equals to the trigger name.

I have recreated your flow in the way you interpreted, but now it's just 1 flow:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FKbcj ... Y8zIFHm-K5
Phone: LG Nexus 5X (rooted vanilla Android 7.1.2)

jfknyc

Post by jfknyc » 19 Jan 2019 17:25

Thanks6to all.. But when I see it correctly, I have always to Do something manually, correct? Always go into AM and change the time.. Cant we create abutton on one of the Smartphone screens asking me how long it should be muted and pause the flows which are setting the volume to normal for these hours? Thanks

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 19 Jan 2019 18:41

@jfknyc : I understand now, you want input dialog as the choice. It is exactly the same as my stay awake timer flow, except with different action. You don't know how difficult it is when I create it in tasker. And it takes just a while to convert it to automagic flow, when the first time I switch to Automagic. Now I have polished and restructured the flow to make it tidier. I will share the flow tomorrow. Sometimes it takes longer for me to type the description of the flow, than to create the flow itself.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Rafi4

Post by Rafi4 » 20 Jan 2019 05:40

hi jfknyc
download these flows. first install shortcut to home screen in the flow "create Shortcut". simply click shortcut you may select hours or minutes. enter number of minutes or hours profile mode changed to silent. after the schedule period is over normal profile will be activated.

from record4
Attachments
profile schedule .xml
(7.96 KiB) Downloaded 741 times
No.1 Automation app in play store Automagic Premium
Samsung Galaxy j2 non rooted.
Android 5.1.1

digitalstone

Post by digitalstone » 20 Jan 2019 13:55

Please guys, jfknyc is still learning basics of Automagic.
I would humbly and friendly suggest to take it slow and orient explanations towards the basics instead of bombarding him/her with overly extended stuff with multiple flows.
Automagic ideally isn't about other's flows, it's how to know how to make flows yourself.
That's why i shared my flow for jfknyc with explanations in 1 simple flow.

Also in my flow, which you'll find here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=124ekO ... M4vl0-MRi2 i added some stuff:
- Choosing timeout-duration.
- Cancelling of timeout (reset ringer to normal)
- Just 1 flow
- No global variables
- 1 trigger only (install shortcut)
- Some explanations

Btw: i still can't upload my flows directly through the forum because i get a "violation" message.
Through PC or phone, doesn't matter.
Weird

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 20 Jan 2019 18:28

@jfknyc : I have shared my Stay Awake Timer flow. You can modify it to suit your need : Stay Awake Timer

@digitalstone : The reason we use glovar DT is because a long sleep will cause CPU wakelock, draining the battery for no operation at all : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7251
I have more explanation at my Stay Awake Timer thread.

For flow uploading, I also face the same problem. Can't upload the flow as attachment. I would expect to share my flow and save it as "Stay Awake Timer.xml", then upload here as attachment. But got the same violation message. I need to go to Automagic > Hamburger menu > Forum > Publish Flows/Widgets and choose flow "Stay Awake Timer", confirm to upload. The name of the file always become default flows.xml. But I can rename the hyperlink to something else, to avoid confusion.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

jfknyc

Post by jfknyc » 20 Jan 2019 18:36

Thanks to all.. I need to read this when I have more time.. It still sounds complicated compared to Llama but with your help I might get it.. :-)

digitalstone

Post by digitalstone » 20 Jan 2019 20:00

Many of us come from either Trigger, Tasker or Automate (Llama's developers) because they are widely popular.
Somehow Automagic has like 10 times less users. Which is weird to me because Automagic rocks 100 times harder than either one of them.
Me biased?.. wouldn't dare :lol: ...but with good reasons though.

Good luck reading.
You can do it, it's not complicated ;)

jfknyc

Post by jfknyc » 27 Jan 2019 06:38

Hi Rafi,

Just installed the 2 flows and tested.. Seems like this is what Iwas looking for..

Thanks to all for your patience and help.. Great community here

Mikey1969

Post by Mikey1969 » 12 Mar 2019 20:44

I'm curious about this flow. Will this allow me to do minutes as well? If I want to set it for only 15 minutes, would I enter .25(For 1/4 of an hour), or .15(For the number of minutes)?

This looks pretty cool. Exactly what I need to(Like many others here) replace Llama. :-)
digitalstone wrote:@Rafi4 Why did you created 3 separate flows? This can be all 1 flow.
In any case, this wasn't the functionality jfknyc was asking for.

He just wants to mute the volume for a couple of hours.
So, in case you meant the Ringer volume, this is the flow you want.

Attaching the flow does not work now.
The site tells me: "The upload was rejected because the uploaded file was identified as a possible attack vector."

So i placed it on my G-Drive for you to download.
The link is: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OOaKb ... IgY4KvxErb