Issue with flow_name

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Jos

Issue with flow_name

Post by Jos » 08 Dec 2018 10:38

Hi,
I searched for it in the forum, but did not find any report or solution.

Flow A logs the value of flow_name, calls flow B and logs the value of flow_name again.
Scenario 1: The flow B is called with "wait"=true and "return values"=false. The result is, as expected: "A A".
Scenario 2: The flow B is called with "wait"=true and "return values"=true. The result is, as unexpected: "A B".

Am I missing something?
Thanks

Desmanto

Re: Issue with flow_name

Post by Desmanto » 09 Dec 2018 17:24

It is working as expected. If you set return value = true, any value from the flow B will be returned to A. In everytime you call a flow, the flow_name will be changed to the current running flow (called flow, flow B). So flow_name has been changed to "flow B". If you don't return value, the var flow_name is not returned to flow A, hence flow_name in flow A stay. But if you return the value, the flow_name which contains Flow B now, is returned to A and hence flow_name in flow A after returned become 'flow B". You have to save the flow name to some other variable first, so it won't changed.

Similar topic here : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7011
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Jos

Post by Jos » 04 Jul 2019 06:21

Thanks, Desmanto!
Is there any way to get the current flow name in any place in the flow, no matter which other sub flows were called previously inside this flow?

Pepy

Post by Pepy » 04 Jul 2019 20:17

@Jon
The best and easiest way to do this is like Desmanto said:
Desmanto wrote:
09 Dec 2018 17:24
You have to save the flow name to some other variable first, so it won't changed.
Hope my post was helpful :D
Device: OnePlus 5T running crDroid, rooted with Magisk 8-)