Android date picker

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

ziotempa

Android date picker

Post by ziotempa » 06 Dec 2018 09:49

Hi all
question: would anyone know how to interact with the disturbing Android date picker?
I had this same problem with tasker, and I'm still not able to interact with it. Let's put it simple, if I gave you a specific date in whatever format you like, and you had the datepicker already opened, would you been able to reach and select that date with a flow (no root)?
It drives me crazy, when I inspect the day numbers I see only scroll functions are enabled, I don't understand why. It also seems that you cannot directly read the month where you are navigating because the name of the month between the two scroll arrows seems invisible to Automagic, so you have to click a day number using a gesture and then read the abbreviation written on the upper part, under the year number to get the month where you are
And let's take the case in which you already know what is the date you're starting from, so you just have to click next/prev for the correct number of months ... how you click on the day number when you reach the correct month? Really, why does it seem so hard to do??

well... let me know if you can help
thank you

I attach a screenshot of the f***** picker
datepicker.png
datepicker.png (47.89 KiB) Viewed 7491 times

Martin

Re: Android date picker

Post by Martin » 07 Dec 2018 21:08

Hi,

Some apps simply don't support interacting with the accessibility features properly. Maybe you can achieve it by using the 'Gesture' button and clicking on a few numbers to get the coordinates and then use the touchGesture function to simulate taps on the numbers. It's not very comfortable but could work.

Regards,
Martin

ziotempa

Re: Android date picker

Post by ziotempa » 08 Dec 2018 15:00

Hey Martin... Just wanted to tell you did a great job with Automagic!