Blocking calls - otherwise question

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

valdimar

Blocking calls - otherwise question

Post by valdimar » 03 Dec 2018 15:40

Hello, this is my first post in this forum, I searched through posts but I did not find the answer to my problem or at least something similar in action.
I have been trying to write some action for some time;
I am called by a number, for example, an internet vendor with some great offer for action enters Automagic - turns off the microphone - answers a call - plays a recording (which I have prepared earlier) - after finishing playback disconnects the call - turns on the microphone - return to standby.
I use Xiaomi Mi6 where the option of blocking calls and SMSs works perfectly but unfortunately there is no possibility to write about it, I started to combine something but I can not find such a recording in the menu of the options of playing the caller. Greetings.

Desmanto

Re: Blocking calls - otherwise question

Post by Desmanto » 09 Dec 2018 18:00

AFAIK, there is no way to do this now. SElinux has been blocking the audio routing. You have to use the speaker mode and turn on the mic, which of course not suitable for every moment, since the caller still can hear you.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

valdimar

Post by valdimar » 10 Dec 2018 18:53

Thank you very much for the answer, tell me if there is a chance that this application could have done it one day?
Once, a long time ago I had a Nokia N8 on which, thanks to an application, I could do it, it's a pity that Android can not be. Greetings.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 11 Dec 2018 05:45

I don't think it will be ever created, although I also missed it too, from my old nokie phone too, symbian OS, N-Gage Qd.

Standard API only allow to playback at standard devices. https://android.stackexchange.com/quest ... -to-caller

I would expect using root to work around it, but don't know if there is a really a way to do it. There is app called soundabout which can redirect sound stream, but I ever tried and doesn't work as expected. Haven't give it another extensive experiment again.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.