Click with a twist

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

ziotempa

Click with a twist

Post by ziotempa » 02 Dec 2018 13:35

Hi all
I have this problem : I've got an app with a insert form. One Field is a textbox. When i touch it with finger another Window pops up with several choices. Then I click an item, the window closes and the value is transferred to the textbox. Now if I try the same with Automagic, applying the click() function to that textbox i just see that the textbox becomes selected (borders become bold) but nothing else happens. I can not guess how to write a value or pop up the choice window. Consider I already tried to write text with setText2ById(). I can fill the textbox in this way, but it is not recognized. When I try to submit the form in fact I get an error for not having filled that field

Martin

Re: Click with a twist

Post by Martin » 02 Dec 2018 20:52

Hi,

Maybe the app implemented their own widget that only reacts to touch events but not regular 'clicks'. You could try to simulate a click by recording a gesture that touches the position of the text field and see if this works.
On Android 7+ there should be a red gesture-button available when the overlay control is shown. press it and touch the location of the text field, press OK and paste the commend into the script area (should look something like touchGesture(0, 0, newList(200, 600));

Regards,
Martin

ziotempa

Re: Click with a twist

Post by ziotempa » 02 Dec 2018 21:07

Great, it worked, to be honest I already tried before asking here but for some reason the gesture produced this
touchGesture(0, 0, newList(835, 373));
But this didn't work... Now it's much different and it works. Great, thankyou