System setting to toggle Samsung edge panels

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

postaletter

System setting to toggle Samsung edge panels

Post by postaletter » 25 Nov 2018 06:20

Hi.
I have had an samsung galaxy S9+ for months but never used the edge panels. I am now trying to use it with Android Auto to give me access to a few apps I find useful in the car.
It would be great it I could toggle the edge panels setting on and off as part of my flow I use to enter/exit my car mode.
I have searched the system settings and found the edge_lighting (so close) but nothing for edge panels.
I have tried using the control ui function to toggle the setting and it works most of the time but not always and it is slow.
Can someone please help me find a way to toggle the edge panels setting directly.

Martin

Re: System setting to toggle Samsung edge panels

Post by Martin » 27 Nov 2018 20:06

Hi,

Unfortunately changing the global setting edge_enable seems only to properly deactivate the edge panels. Enabling does not work on my device so it needs to be enabled somehow else.
Maybe someone else knows how this can be done.

Regards,
Martin

postaletter

Post by postaletter » 27 Feb 2019 08:11

Anyone have any ideas on this. I have found that my galaxy S9 refers to the edge panel as cocktail bar eg. cocktail_bar_enabled_cocktails.
I have not found a way to use this to help with enable/disable.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 27 Feb 2019 18:18

You can try to use Set System Setting, check the value before enabling. Note down. Then enable it from the built-in setting, check again the value. So you have disabled value and enabled value. Toggle them, and if the system reflect the changes, you should be able to toggle the state.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.