Please help with Location Based WiFi On/Off

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

lelebo

Please help with Location Based WiFi On/Off

Post by lelebo » 30 Oct 2018 03:25

Hi guys, I'm using Automagic Premium mainly just to automate my Wifi. So when I'm home, it should turn on my wifi and turn it off when I leave home. I'm using the Location Based WiFi On/Off from the catalog and it worked fine, until I update the phone (OTA).

Now it's not working anymore. I tried uninstall and reinstall Automagic, delete and recreate the Flow but still no luck.

But if I execute the flow manually, it works. Which means the flow is correct, right?

I'm using Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, with Android version 6.0.1. Please help. Thanks!

Helios

Re: Please help with Location Based WiFi On/Off

Post by Helios » 30 Oct 2018 08:06

Hi,

how do you detect your location? Which location mode do you use?
If it is Energy Saving, only Wifi is used to locate you. Thus once you turn off Wifi, you location cannot be gathered anymore.
Last edited by Helios on 30 Oct 2018 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

lelebo

Post by lelebo » 30 Oct 2018 08:58

Helios wrote:Hi,

how do you detect your location? Which location mode to you use?
If it is Energy Saving, only Wifi is used to locate you. Thus once you turn off Wifi, you location cannot be gathered anymore.
Hi, I'm using the flow from Catalog. The Periodic Location Update is Network every 5m.

Thanks

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 31 Oct 2018 01:42

Try to check automagic's permission. Make sure every permission is granted, especially location and exclude from battery optimization. Check the log for when it is working and when not working. As pointed by Helios, newer android version require wifi to be on so the location feature can work. (forget since which version)
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

lelebo

Post by lelebo » 01 Nov 2018 09:34

Desmanto wrote:Try to check automagic's permission. Make sure every permission is granted, especially location and exclude from battery optimization. Check the log for when it is working and when not working. As pointed by Helios, newer android version require wifi to be on so the location feature can work. (forget since which version)
Thank you very much. I checked the log and it turns out Automagic can't detect my location even though the location access permission was already granted. I had to disable the permission and re-enable it and now it's working.