Send Flows/Widget drops text accent

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

regissg

Send Flows/Widget drops text accent

Post by regissg » 05 Sep 2018 17:43

All my text accents are not properly exported when using Send Flows/Widgets eventhough the export file uses UTF-8
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>

I have noticed the problem using version 1.36.0 but it may exist on previous version.

This is problematic for me as I have a lot of french texts and as I use the export feature to duplicate my flows on few tablets

Martin

Re: Send Flows/Widget drops text accent

Post by Martin » 06 Sep 2018 18:55

Hi,

Special characters work fine for me. Maybe there's an intermediate process/app that modifies the content of the files in some way?
What kind of special characters are we talking about? Regular é, ç etc. or something more special?

Regards,
Martin

regissg

Post by regissg » 10 Sep 2018 07:36

I am just using standard french characters éèà...

for example when I export a widget with the text "Décrocher" I got "DC)crocher" in the export file

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 11 Sep 2018 11:01

How do you export the widget/flow? I try on widget, put a text element with the text Décrocher. Then Send widget, using copy to from MiXplorer and save to folder download. Open the xml and examine the text field, still Décrocher. Deleted the widget and import back this, still Décrocher. I am using English (US) as the system language.

Try to use MiXplorer, you can download it from xda. Or you can try to examine the exported xml, to see where the text started to change.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

regissg

Post by regissg » 11 Sep 2018 15:54

I am using the Send flows/widgets to gmail command from automagic to export them.

I believe that I understand the issue. I have tried to edit on my PC the resulting xml file with a text editor before re-importing it. It seems that my text editors (I have tried notepad and wordap) are not opening the exported file properly and they converted the accents wrongly when I saved the edits.

We could close that issue

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 11 Sep 2018 17:32

It can be the Gmail. I tried to edit the xml using notepad, it automatically save it as UTF-8, no changes in the encoding format. If it is not, try to use save as and manually select UTF-8 as the encoding.
Other script/text editor you can use is Atom Text editor, it is free and open source. But yeah, I usually just use the notepad, despite it still have wraptext problem till dates.

BTW, why you should edit the xml manually? If it is too difficult to edit from the phone, you can always connect your phone via USB and screen mirror it using scrcpy : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7313
There you can control your phone from PC as it is. You can design flow directly from PC (by controlling the phone) and test it directly on the phone.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.