Known Issues on Android 9
Posted: 24 May 2018 19:26
This posts lists the currently known issues on Android P. Please note that the list is not complete. Please let me know if you should know of any other issue on Android P. You can send issue reports either as a reply to this post or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- [Workaround in v1.36.0_01]Time triggers are sometimes executed early by a few seconds which causes the trigger to execute a second time shortly afterwards. This is a known issue on Android 9: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/117577886.
- [Fixed in v1.36] WiFi Connected/disconnected triggers don't work anymore since Android P removed the SSID information in some used APIs for security reasons.
- [Fixed in v1.36] The ringing state of trigger Incoming Call does not set the variable incoming_number anymore. This is a reported bug of Android P.
- Workaround by installing Workarounds for Automagic action Set WiFi Tethering State without root does not work anymore with version 1.37 since Google enforces new limitations for apps targeting Android 8+. A workaround for some devices will be provided soon.
- Location can not be acquired: Can not reproduce. Please ensure location mode of the device is turned on and location permissions have been granted to Automagic.
- Phone cell information is not available anymore: Can only reproduce when location permission is missing. Please ensure location mode of the device is turned on and location permissions have been granted to Automagic.
- The proximity sensor does not work on the Samsung S10 (seems that all apps are affected). The sensor always shows value 5.0 even when covered. No workaround known.